101 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
Zanzad says

I just read the threat here:

http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/im-frustrated/26009?page=1#240404

So, I cant use carrington as my basic framework?

I really love how the carrington works.

1055 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+10 more
Parallelus says

I don’t know if that would apply. The thread was over a year old and many different frameworks are used now.

I built my own framework that uses “contexts” in a way similar to Carringtion for my latest theme. It was accepted without any issues. You should contact support and ask a reviewer directly if using the Carrington framework would disqualify your theme. It’s the only way to know for sure.

101 posts
Zanzad says
Parallelus said
I don’t know if that would apply. The thread was over a year old and many different frameworks are used now. I built my own framework that uses “contexts” in a way similar to Carringtion for my latest theme. It was accepted without any issues. You should contact support and ask a reviewer directly if using the Carrington framework would disqualify your theme. It’s the only way to know for sure.

Thanks, Parallelus. I (want) believe time change, the rules also change…http://themeforest.net/images/smileys/grin.png

As suggested by you, I asked to Kailoon and waiting his reply.

1878 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
FRESHFACE says

LOL , I remember that thread -> I was a little confused myself from it as well – but I don’t know Carrington personally so there must have been be a good reason why it got rejected.

Times have changed though, definitely. Our latest theme (powered by our new framework) is composed of 887 files (as of now) and the file structure looks like this:

We build it on-the-go so it will be much polished in the future. For example page templates should go to the /templates/ folder as well etc. But apart from that we are VERY happy and never heard a single complain about the file structure -> we rather hear how awesome it is

Anyway, a robust FW is a must for any big theme these days.

101 posts
Zanzad says
freshface said
LOL , I remember that thread -> I was a little confused myself from it as well – but I don’t know Carrington personally so there must have been be a good reason why it got rejected.

Thanks for your file, freshface. I believed it was about how the carington’s code worked issue. I wish with small modification, Carrington can be use as a framework.

I’m not sure about the caused on that last year issue.

80 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
dpthemes says

The only problem with Carrington, is the price for the royalty license. It is too expensive for Themeforests prices. If you need to pay Carrington $15, assuming you’re at the 50% rate, you only get 2.50 per theme.

101 posts
Zanzad says
dpthemes said
The only problem with Carrington, is the price for the royalty license. It is too expensive for Themeforests prices. If you need to pay Carrington $15, assuming you’re at the 50% rate, you only get 2.50 per theme.

I just checked the License text come with the theme and I see this:

Released under the GPL license http://www.opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license.php

GPL is free, right? Would you please give me the link about their royalty license?

Thanks, dpthemes.

101 posts
Zanzad says
dpthemes said

I’m sorry, I’m talking about Carrington Blog as a framework. And as long as I know, thats come with GPL License.

101 posts
Zanzad says
dpthemes said

They have 3 different framework: 1. Carrington Business: commercial for 149 dollar. 2. Carrington Build : royalty license, like you said. 3. Carrington blog, text and mobile: free under GPL . There is a donate button in there.

80 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
dpthemes says

Ah sorry, I assumed you meant Carrington Build. But I’m sure it would be accepted, nearly all the themes use some sort of framework nowadays

by
by
by
by
by
by