CASH FOR KEYWORDS CONTEST !
You asked for cash, so here’s a little community contest we’re running throughout February that’s open to all AudioJungle authors!
As you know, we do not allow lists of keywords in file descriptions now that we have the ability to add keywords/tags to the dedicated Tags section on each item. However, when AudioJungle first started out, we didn’t have a separate Tags field/area and so we permitted authors to add keywords to their item descriptions. We therefore have quite a lot of old items that contain long lists of keywords in descriptions.
Because of this inconsistency, we’ve received some feedback saying that this might be “unfair” when customers are searching for music, and it’s also a little bit confusing for new authors when they see that some older items still have a big list of keywords in their descriptions yet our current rule is that keywords can only be added to the new, dedicated Tags section. Furthermore, item pages can look a little messy to the customer when they see a huge list of keywords embedded in descriptions.
OKAY , HIT ME WITH THE INFO
With immediate effect, we will be removing lists of keywords in descriptions of legacy files that we come across. Based on your feedback, we’ve now bumped up the number of tags you can now add to your items from 15 to 30! So for any new items AND /OR all your existing items, you may now add up to 30 tags!
MAKE IT A LITTLE MORE INTERESTING , WOULD YOU ?!
Kinda boring so far though, huh? Well, to make it a little bit more interesting, we’re giving you the opportunity of helping us with this process in exchange for some cool prizes, including some cash prizes that you recently asked for.
HOW DO I ENTER ?
We want you to make sure any of your old items in your AudioJungle portfolio do not contain any lists of keywords. Here’s an example:
So once you’ve gone through all your existing items and can confirm that all your keyword lists in descriptions are gone, simply post the words “All Done!” in this thread! Even if you have no keyword lists in your descriptions right now, you can still enter! What we’re looking for are authors who can confirm they have no keywords in their descriptions. Couldn’t be simpler, right? Simply leave a comment in this thread and you will be entered into our prize drawing. Speaking of prizes, here’s what’s up for grabs:
- $150 “Cash”, paid via PayPal or Moneybookers
- $50 marketplace credit to spend on any Envato marketplace
- Featured Author AND Featured Track of the Week on the AudioJungle home page
- 12 months Tuts+ membership
- A Rockable Press Digital Book/Download of your choice
- $75 “Cash”, paid via PayPal or Moneybookers
- $30 marketplace credit to spend on any Envato marketplace
- 6 months Tuts+ membership
- Featured Track of the Week on the AudioJungle home page
- $25 “Cash”, paid via PayPal or Moneybookers
- $20 marketplace credit to spend on any Envato marketplace
- 3 months Tuts+ membership
There will also be FIVE runner-up prizes:
5 x RUNNERS UP
- $20 marketplace credit
- One of your tracks will be tweeted out to our 6,000+ followers as our Track of the Day
So that’s a total of EIGHT guaranteed winners, and a total of OVER $500 of giveaways! That’s not even including all the priceless AudioJungle exposure we’re giving away!
No time to lose! Please remove keywords from your item descriptions by the end of the month, February 28th, 2011! And don’t forget to post “All Done!” in this thread to submit your entry!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Competition is open to all AudioJungle authors.
- Employees, Staff and Reviewers directly associated with Envato are not eligible to participate.
- “Cash” prizes are all in US Dollars and will only be paid out to winners who have either a PayPal or Moneybookers account. We will contact you if you win.
- All valid entries will be entered into a random drawing and winners will be posted in this thread at the end of the contest/giveaway.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE !
All done !