161 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
PrismicStudios says

Categorized thumbnails: do they help? I don’t know but take a look at my profile and tell me what you think, I’ve spent the last few hours making categorized thumbnails for my songs. Thanks!

1528 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United Kingdom
SoundFix says

I’m not sure from personal experience really, I did some Halloween ones for a bit of a joke but that’s it, but, I think they could be really helpful for a buyer. Looking at yours, I think there’s too many colours going on, looks a bit 90’s. Maybe try keeping things a bit more simple. I really like how this author has done theirs:

http://audiojungle.net/user/SchwartzSound/portfolio
288 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United States
SchwartzSound says

I’m not sure from personal experience really, I did some Halloween ones for a bit of a joke but that’s it, but, I think they could be really helpful for a buyer. Looking at yours, I think there’s too many colours going on, looks a bit 90’s. Maybe try keeping things a bit more simple. I really like how this author has done theirs: http://audiojungle.net/user/SchwartzSound/portfolio

Hey thanks! I’ve always kinda wondered if they make any difference as well, at least someone noticed ;)

I think StuckInTheBasement’s are also really creative and effective, while maintaining a nice branded feel. You can see his on the front page!

428 posts
  • Latvia
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
Depard says

I think that theese thumbnails makes difference and helps buyer. StuckInTheBasement have great style of thumbnails:))

But I am wasting my time, becouse I make different thumbnail for every track and also different picture on items page and I have no idea is it worth it:D Maybe nobody cares:D

768 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
PhilLarson says

Looking at yours, I think there’s too many colours going on, looks a bit 90’s. Maybe try keeping things a bit more simple.

I almost hate to agree with this because I know how much work you put into them… but yes, +1

People looking for music want to find it quick and easy (not the mod… :D …quickandeasy …nevermind). I would agree that you should simplify it, or design different pictures well while keeping your branding, like Stuck_in_the_Basement.

Personally, I switched to this sorting system and I think it has helped. Songs that I think have gotten lost in my portfolio all of a sudden get some listens and buys when a buyer scrolls down only looking for a particular color or keyword.

Alkis has been encouraging me to work on my branding for quite a while and then an email conversation with Tim McMorris also encouraged me. So I did and happy with the outcome (but yes, takes some time…).

The initially push came from the fastest growing AudioJungle author who I modeled my sorting system after: pinkzebra. That guy is certainly doing something right. He’s consistently adding to his portfolio (which is what I want to be doing) and needs to sort all his files for his buyers. It’s simple and straight-forward. And they keep coming back.

To me, to do it and how to do it is a no-brainer, especially if you have a large portfolio and you want to continually grow.

Good luck! :)

161 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
PrismicStudios says

Check out my portfolio now, I was thinking single color to black gradient in the background with the word overlaid with shadow, look at the song “Mood for a Moment”. Better?

161 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
PrismicStudios says

Ok so now I’ve got several styles in my portfolio, any opinions? I like the one with the big circle.

914 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Russian Federation
  • Exclusive Author
permian says

If you’d ask me to choose between pic-1 and pic-2, I’d go for pic-1 style.
But in general, still, they all have a little 80s and even 60s-psychedelic appearance, which may be pretty good if it’s your brand’s feature; on the other hand it’s quite a questionable design, no offense pls :)

768 posts
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
PhilLarson says

Yes, not a huge fan of the multi-color feel. Even though you might be, I question that the majority of the population is. And since you want to sell to the majority, not the minority, I would go simple on color and design. For design and color ideas, I recommend looking around profiles of GraphicRiver or ThemeForest authors. Those peeps seem to know what they’re doing… ;)

768 posts
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
PhilLarson says

However, I think your profile icon with the lamp, the pink and blue and yellow sparkles, and “blacklamp” below is good. It’s a nice logo. I’d recommend staying primarily with the dark gray background and doing subtle color pops with those very pink and blue and yellow colors. SUBTLE is the key word here. and ONE color per category. Good luck! :)

by
by
by
by
by
by