1696 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
    Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+6 more
Firsh says

So many members are requesting new features from the envato developers. There are a bunch of great ideas coming up everyday but they often cease because they are in a forum, amongst hundreds of posts + they might not even reach the devs.

I got an idea from the uTorrent website’s Idea Bank. The community members can propose and vote for and against feature requests. In a nutshell:

• Users can propose new ideas / suggestions.
  • These are displayed in rows.
  • Every row is openable to see further description.
  • Every row has a little thumbs UP and maybe optionally a thumbs DOWN button.
  • Everybody has the right to vote once per idea.

I find that this is a very effective method. I often wonder why great websites don’t use something like this. The developers could easily see what’s wanted by the community and what isn’t.

It doesn’t have to be official. I would code this and present it to you, but I don’t have enough skills and time to do it all, maybe half. I hope someone is interested in bringing this to life. Feel free to contact me, I’d be more than happy to do this together with someone. It it would fail (I doubt it) as an ‘envato community tool’ it could be sold here anyway.

I’m interested in your thoughts about this.

3014 posts
    Helps us moderate the forums Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations Won a competition
+16 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

Ya heaps of sites (like that one) use uservoice.com – people can vote on features etc..

They have some awesome integration methods.

You can even automatically link envato profiles with uservoice profiles, so every time someone votes / posts a suggestion you know which envato account did it.

3014 posts
    Helps us moderate the forums Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations Won a competition
+16 more

They already use it over here too: http://psdtuts.uservoice.com/

ooo.. and http://envato.uservoice.com (maybe a private staff ideas area?)

149 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Located in Australia Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Jason says
ooo.. and http://envato.uservoice.com (maybe a private staff ideas area?)

Staff ideas & some of the best from the forums ;)

1696 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
    Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+6 more
Firsh says

Well it’s not open to the public :(

3014 posts
+16 more

lol

Your request to join General Ideas on Customer Feedback & Ideas for envato has been denied.

* sad face *

149 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Located in Australia Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Jason says
Well it’s not open to the public :(

Yes it is private/invite only as the Site Managers, Moderators & Support have enough to do on these forums without opening that up ;)

But don’t worry when good ideas do pop up in the public forums they do make their way over to the ideas tracker for discussion.

3135 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Daniel_R says

Thank Jason for your incredible work guys! I know you guys check the best ideas…you guys roock!

1799 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
BroOf says

It’s sad that the community never knows whats going on and what new features are coming :(

3135 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Daniel_R says
Ya heaps of sites (like that one) use uservoice.com – people can vote on features etc..

thank you for that link …i was looking for something like that a while ago

by
by
by
by
by
by