894 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+5 more
infuse01 says

It’s been only 1 day but I guess I already found my personal highlight. Actually I see a very usable concept behind the idea, even the idea isn’t new.

ThinkVision LT1423 – a remote touchscreen

Basically this one feels like a tablet but in fact it is just a “remote screen”. Personally I was already thinking for a few years about when this idea/concept will emerge. It has many advantages and for now I can’t find many disadvantages.

Advantages: No need for another setup – you can use the same software on the same OS Updated Software – no need anymore to have all systems up to date Sync Software? Networks? Cloud Storage? Sometimes it is a pitt. You’re redaing something and simply want to swap from your desk to the couch. Until now I had to generate a QR Code (Browser Extension) so I can scan it with my smartphone to continue reading on another device. With a remote screen this won’t be necessary anymore. Keep working – you can simply “take” your work on another place.

Disadvantages: For now I’m not sure if this works only in-house or also outdoor. Can I take my “remote screen” with me to a client meeting, while still having access to my files?

I feel that this product properly backed up (management, product development, marketing, investment,...) could bring some fresh air to the market. I would definitely buy one.

Edit: Here is a short video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL54O99XXmE

What is your take on this? What is your personal highlight? Looking forward to get your opinion.

894 posts
+5 more
infuse01 says

Seems like I’m in the wrong biz here…where are the nerds gone? ^^

1735 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
dnp_theme says

Yea that’s interesting. Anytime soon we will have such things, just we will need our old keyboards for the coding and css magic.

438 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
christopherjon says

It’s been only 1 day but I guess I already found my personal highlight. Actually I see a very usable concept behind the idea, even the idea isn’t new.

Win 8 Tablet + USB dock. Problem solved. Problem stays solved.

894 posts
+5 more
infuse01 says

Win 8 Tablet + USB dock. Problem solved. Problem stays solved.

No, actually not. I don’t see any chance for any tablet to have all those features a Desktop PC could have – like RAM, Processor, Grafic Card, DVD Drive, access to various external drives at the same time, ...

Tablets have been invented to be a mid-thing between Desktop/Notebook and Smartphone – they are more for the consumers who browses the web, watches some youtube videos and that’s it. If you want to make business with it you’re lost. Maybe it is a little bit different on Win8 Tablets but still I can’t see real benefit. Possible to run Photoshop, Dreamweaver and Fireworks at the same time on it?

See… ;-)

438 posts
christopherjon says
Tablets have been invented to be a mid-thing between Desktop/Notebook and Smartphone – they are more for the consumers who browses the web, watches some youtube videos and that’s it. If you want to make business with it you’re lost. Maybe it is a little bit different on Win8 Tablets but still I can’t see real benefit. Possible to run Photoshop, Dreamweaver and Fireworks at the same time on it?

Microsoft Surface Pro:

Windows 8 – 4 GB Ram – Intel Core i5 – USB 3 – Mini DisplayPort that can output 2560×1440 resolution

More than enough for the average web designer. Essentially an ultrabook without the keyboard.

Core i7 tablets with more RAM and better graphics cards are available from other manufacturers. They aren’t toys with limited OS’s and cellphone specs like the ipad and android tablets.

894 posts
+5 more
infuse01 says

Microsoft Surface Pro:

Windows 8 – 4 GB Ram – Intel Core i5 – USB 3 – Mini DisplayPort that can output 2560×1440 resolution

More than enough for the average web designer. Essentially an ultrabook without the keyboard.

Core i7 tablets with more RAM and better graphics cards are available from other manufacturers. They aren’t toys with limited OS’s and cellphone specs like the ipad and android tablets.

Ok, point for you – haven’t thought of the future versions of tablets ;-)

Anyway – I can’t imagine the usage of a single tablet for a whole household with a whole family. I like the idea of having a “main station” which is really powerful and have some kind of “global” space which is available from every “device” in the house. You have a screen in the kitchen, one in the bathroom, one in your living room, another station in your home-office and 2 or 3 wireless devices for your kids or couch surfing – all running on the same OS. Administration becomes pretty easy because all you have to do is to update only the “main station” and its OS and additional software. And the concept of a “remote screen” like the one from lenovo is for me some kind of indicator in this direction.

438 posts
christopherjon says

Don’t get me wrong. If you need a really powerful computer and want tablet-like mobility, the remote screen is a cool idea.

by
by
by
by
by
by