1034 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
BenSheppard says

I’ve never agreed with the whole “Don’t buy things from corporations” or just generally “Don’t spend money” nothing personal, I just think it’s a big circle money I use to pay for things goes to companies that pay for people, that will use that money to pay for things that go to people… etc etc etc. If there is a break in that chain someone’s going to suffer, I know it’s probably a stupid way to think and not 100% true, and in an ideal world we would find material so important.

1816 posts Videohive author & moderator
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+11 more
Mocarg Volunteer moderator says

I’ll be shopping this holiday season. Because the money I give to these “evil” corporations allows them to provide jobs for average people who can then put food on the table for their kids.

+1

SnoopyIndustries
SnoopyIndustries Recent Posts Threads Started
361 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
+2 more
SnoopyIndustries says

BIIIIG -1. Load of crap. And as an author was saying a bit earlier, these horrible corporations are what keeps the world economy going. Just think about the amount of money and jobs and intel companies like Apple bring on the market. So buy my friends, buy your hats off and live your life to the fullest.

1734 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
VisualSharing says

Happy to see people who disagree. Please do continue, always interesting to read these opinions.

Boris

335 posts
  • Had an item featured in a magazine
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 500+ members
+4 more
Folksnet says

I’ll be shopping this holiday season. Because the money I give to these “evil” corporations allows them to provide jobs for average people who can then put food on the table for their kids.

+1000

2140 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
urbazon says

Everyone has the right to their own opinion. I personally don’t usually buy something I don’t need, although I probably do it sometimes. But I don’t like limiting myself. If I wanna buy it and if I can buy/afford it and if that’s at nobody’s cost (for example, I’m not spending money meant for food on something else…) then I’ll do it. Unless you have some greater goal for which you’re saving your money, then piling your money is meaningless act…

On the other hand, what I’m really concerned about here is the title of this thread. You know, even if they don’t post regularly here, I am sure there are quite a lot of buyers dropping by at these Forums. And I don’t want them, or anybody else, to have any wrong ideas because of this kind of titles. These are the marketplaces after all, places where people ARE supposed to buy stuff :D My 2 cents…

1734 posts
+2 more
VisualSharing says

I am sure there are quite a lot of buyers dropping by at these Forums. And I don’t want them, or anybody else, to have any wrong ideas because of this kind of titles.

I think it’s best not to think about Envato buyers as if they were kindergarten morons who will read a thread and turn their world around, based on what some random guy on the internet posted. Unless they think: “I need two sets of icons, a WP theme and a video project. Oh, look, a thread. Screw it all”.

As you see, everyone is strongly sticking to their own opinions and most buyers are much more confident in knowing what they want and why they want it. They don’t come here to make themselves feel better. If it was so easy to influence casual buyers (who visit the forums in case of emergencies anyway) by posting threads, then we would have a very strong profit model.

Don’t be afraid. Buy something to relax. :P

75 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
AaronMarquez says

Wow, just wow. Seems some people with blogs sit around trying to think of the stupidest things to write about. ‘Oh look, I got a brain fart – let me post it and see how many reblogs I get!’

I wouldn’t want to be around that guy when he runs out of toilet paper in a week…’gotta wait until 2013’

75 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
AaronMarquez says

I’ve never agreed with the whole “Don’t buy things from corporations” or just generally “Don’t spend money” nothing personal, I just think it’s a big circle money I use to pay for things goes to companies that pay for people, that will use that money to pay for things that go to people… etc etc etc. If there is a break in that chain someone’s going to suffer, I know it’s probably a stupid way to think and not 100% true, and in an ideal world we would find material so important.

Couldn’t have said it any better, I whole-heartedly agree.

1734 posts
+2 more
VisualSharing says

I wouldn’t want to be around that guy when he runs out of toilet paper in a week…’gotta wait until 2013’
Necessities are OK. Of course you’ll have to buy groceries and household supplies and medicine

Have a good one. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by