• Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Tuvalu
dekurvajo says

This is Christmas and actually its not an evil idea to create or buy things for others instead yourself. There is a big difference in between BUY ans SHOPPING . I do buy things. I dont care about the red SALE bullshits. Because if i dont need something or i have an another idea to buy something to someone, im not going to buy anything just because its half price or so.

An another thing. If you dont want to buy from the big companies, then go and buy from real people. Real butchers, real bakers, from real people on the marketplace. And buy things what you or your family really need it, and not stupid things.

5311 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
CodingJack says

Sorry, I assumed with ‘evil’ corps you meant the big retailers – never saw a small one-man ‘evil’ corp but yeah, in america everything is possible I guess.

No problem. For the record, I shop at both big retailers and small retailers. The point I was trying to make by emphasizing the word “evil” was that I don’t believe that all big companies are evil (like the article implied). In fact, right now we’re having a conversation at one of the largest stock companies in the world. And most would agree this place is pretty awesome! :)

And it is exactly that behaviour I dislike so much. Buying stuff you don’t need, buying stuff to keep the economy running. Your presidents keep telling you that BS and you believe it. OK, anyway – that’s nothing what should be discussed here. I’m off…

It’s clear what you’re driving at. And you’re right, it’s probably not appropriate to talk about it here. All I can say is I only offered my personal opinion. And I respect that not everyone is going to share the same opinion.

139 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
nugas says

I don’t have money so evenif I want to buy an iphone bla bla bla, I just can’t . So , buy nothing until 2013 ;)

683 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Greece
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+1 more
videologio says

I didnt read all… this thread but am I the only one who find it is weird to talk about “not buying” at a marketplace? If my clients dont buy my templates, I ll not be able to pay some bills… Dont think as amateurs, think as pros.

8190 posts Community Moderator
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Moderator
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+4 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says