• Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
Hadders says

Hello all,

New to Envato, Photodune ect,

Just curious, are sales of photodune pure luck? i mean, for example, chances of somebody having under <100 photos are lucky to have a sale or 10.. in those photos. I know your photos can have tags, but as far as promoting goes, does anyone have any newbie tips?

I have read a handful of threads explaining, quality needs to be high quality; showing your best work.. but realistically, if you only have 10 high qualify photos on profile, chances are making any sales are… (very slim presumably?)

Cheers

5576 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

PhotoDune, and by extension, stock photography, is a very different marketplace than the others. While there is certainly an aspect that the larger your portfolio the higher number of sales you’ll get, if you focus on quality there will also be buyers looking for your items. As we improve the Marketplace search I expect that finding and selling your photos will also improve :)

23 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
Hadders says

Ah thank you Kingdog, thanks for the reply!

17 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
jsnover says

Not sure if you have a lot in the queue, but I see 14 images in your portfolio. On any of the stock web sites, those would have to be 14 amazing images for you to see regular sales. You will need to increase the number of files as well as change/vary the subjects you shoot if you want to increase your sales or get regular sales.

Shooting what you like is absolutely fine, but that may mean that sales are few and far between. Animal and nature pictures aren’t generally top selling categories.

by
by
by
by
by
by