5 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
terrykent says

I have uploaded a sequence of photos to my portfolio and have had 80% of them approved for sale. Stupidly I titled them filename 1, 2, 3 etc. They now look ridiculous for example Lost mobile phone 1.

Why should I have to go through the whole review process again to re-title the file correctly, when it appears to have nothing to do with the search engine. Where as I can change the description without re-review and this apparently does affect searches.

Perhaps someone could help please :-)

108 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
+1 more
mKrukowski says

I remember that someone did it this way: select the file edit but do not add a new file just post Message to the Reviewer to change item name

314 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
+4 more
JoshuaSprague Staff says

Hey guys, I am going to look into this further since I am not 100% sure, but at this point I believe any image that has been approved would require a redirect each time the title is changed or we would likely have a bunch of 404 Page not found errors from links followed via search engines, bookmarks, and inbound links. This is because the URL is created with the page title within

For example this link http://photodune.net/item/illuminated-keyboard/651813 for an “Illuminated Keyboard” which can be found here within a Google search would certainly require a 301 permanent redirect every time a contributor changes a title/URL.

Perhaps it is possible in the future that our system could automagically generate a redirect but at this point I don’t believe we can.

I will also look into the possibility of just being able to change the page title without affecting the URL but I’m not sure how wise this would be since they could end up being pretty different and may not be good for SEO

Again, I will discuss this with someone more knowledgeable than myself and post back here as necessary.

5 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
terrykent says

A kind member of staff has removed the offending numbers from my titles, so the issue is now solved, but it may be one of those things that just can’t be fixed.

by
by
by
by
by
by