• Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
mudi says

It’s simple numbers are more accurate than bar. And we want accuracy.

177 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
xdkd says

I’m going to have to agree that iOS-style “design” is not something appropriate for a highly professional Envato Marketplaces environment.

First of all, these is no real need for these bars at all, just show all numbers as before
230 out of 2131 on ThemeHive
34 out of 123 in Textures
4 out of 23 in GoodReviewer’s queue

Least you can do is add numbers to them, like in crozer’s mock-up (mudi’s version is nice but would require hovering, not good for impatient authors such as myself).

VF made a great example – there is real need for authors to know precise position in queue. I myself remember when once late evening I was waiting for item review, and could receive soft rejection, fix and re-submit that same evening. This is very beneficial for reviewers themselves, since they won’t need to remember who submitted what 2 weeks ago.

Jordan, we fully understand your iterative process, scalability requirements and such. Still, it would be nice if you could listen to authors, and even better if you could process their input before making decisions.

Keep up the good work making Envato even more awesome!

Can’t wait for “slide to unlock” on GR mainpage.

2214 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Germany
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
crozer says

I think most of you still don’t get it, numbers are senseless, useless, meaningless now. Why? Jordan explained it a gazillion times; the reviewing process has changed, hence seeing 25 of 50 does not mean anything. You say you want accuracy; well, numbers won’t give you accuracy.

I am not supporting the bar-solution alone either, as it tells me nothing more than numbers would. Percentages can be great if you at least know the total number of which the percentage is based off of.

Therefore, I suggest you keep the bars, but include the total number of items being reviewing. This way the numbers (and bars) do make sense: even though the reviewing process has changed, if we see the total number of items currently undergoing review, and of THAT number we see a percentual bar, we know where we’re at.

938 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
graphicmind says
crozer said
This way the numbers (and bars) do make sense: even though the reviewing process has changed, if we see the total number of items currently undergoing review, and of THAT number we see a percentual bar, we know where we’re at.

Total number for the whole site or the specific category?

177 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
xdkd says

Crozer, total marketplace queue and category queue has not changed, so numbers are still applicable. Reviewer queue size and position – well, perhaps less so, but still transparency is better than no transparency.

Then again, different marketplaces have different specifics.

913 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Community Superstar
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • South Africa
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+1 more
joiaco says

As advised by another member, i am just saying that this system is not working for me. I was in the green this morning with an item, this afternoon my item has been sent to the back of the queue behind my new item, and is at the beginning again…

There is obviously something not right.

5327 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Support Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+9 more
KingDog Staff says
joiaco said
I was in the green this morning with an item, this afternoon my item has been sent to the back of the queue behind my new item, and is at the beginning again…

You don’t seem to be the only one with that problem. I’m assured that Support has been notified. We’ll let you know as soon as we figure it out. Thanks! :)

171 posts You imagine... We Design!
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
BaGeRa says

It’s look nice, congratulation rabidcarrot but all time there are some small problems with the new ideas to be solved soon ;)

just an idea for developer team why not an info bubble with the progress bar because numbers are very informative too to know the real number of submissions in the category.

Good luck Team ;)

214 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
agusmu says
KingDog said
You don’t seem to be the only one with that problem. I’m assured that Support has been notified. We’ll let you know as soon as we figure it out. Thanks! :)

Thanks Travis… ;)

626 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
femo says

Great work guys.