• Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Gold Mo Grower
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
+12 more
ChristineWilde Reviewer says

I think it’s cool it has that double meaning (I.e. “Wilde” being your name and that it sounds like wild). Unless you pronounce your name “will-dee” :-p

Will-dee? I’ve not heard anyone pronounce it like that. It is ‘Wild’ as in ‘born to be wild’ or ‘wild thing’ ;) Like Oscar Wilde.

1733 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
VisualSharing says

I like ChristineWilde better than WildeMedia. :)

From a buyer’s perspective, I like the feeling that I’m getting a product from an actual person. I enjoy the personal touch of a real name (and face). Of course, I can understand the other side of that too. There can be times that using a name that appears to be a larger organization comes off as more professional or trustworthy.

But the thing is, it’s all too common for one person to disguise themselves as a larger company these days. Even if they give the best service and product, I still have this little nagging feeling that it’s one person pretending to be a company. To me that just feels dishonest.

This is totally all my personal opinion and I’m not saying that anyone who does that is dishonest in any way, it’s just the reason that I chose to market myself with my own name and not a company name.

Oh, and you do have a pretty rad name, Christine. You’re one of the lucky few that can have a killer company name (like WildeMedia) and also have a killer personal name (ChristineWilde). Jealous. :)

Very nice feedback Jami, thank you. Indeed, people got tired of being treated as mass, instead of individuals and marketing is still in the process of digesting that. I probably will head exactly in the direction of a one-man company though, changing my “brand” to something that makes more sense – but that’s because of some business plans and partnership ideas.

So yeah, I guess pretending to be a large company when it’s just you working in your pajamas, for the sole purpose of scratching your ego, might turn against you at some point.

1141 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
KarmaThemes says

So yeah, I guess pretending to be a large company when it’s just you working in your pajamas, for the sole purpose of scratching your ego, might turn against you at some point.

Ha, I agree on that – on the other hand, once you register yourself as self-employed you have the right to call yourself a company, right?
How many people does it need in order to entitle yourself as a “company”? Or is this only about people actually pretending to be like ten-ish persons while they are one?
E.g. we are two regulars and we work at an office daily. I do wear extremely fluffy slippers at the moment, but that’s just for comfort and I do wear pants and all that regular clothing stuff :D

1733 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
VisualSharing says

Ha, I agree on that – on the other hand, once you register yourself as self-employed you have the right to call yourself a company, right?

Yes, the point was that some one-man companies try to deliberately make an impression as if they own a place like this one.

by
by
by
by
by
by