2 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
street805 says

I purchased the Avada theme from Themeforest. I had my website developer install the theme on his personal server (its not associated with its own domain) and I assume he had to activate it with the license it came with because he started working on the theme. I now wish to have someone else start the website from scratch. 1. Do I have the old developer deactivate the theme so I can have the new developer activate it again? 2. If so, how do you deactivate the theme? 3. If you activate it on a developer site, do you need to reactivate it on the hosting site?

I may be using the word “activate” incorrectly here. I am not exactly sure what my developer did with the theme except that I can see he has done work on it on his development server. The URL to get to it looks more like this http://developerwebsite.com/yourwebsiteinprogress and not like www.mywebsite.com

Sorry for not being more articulate but I am not happy with current developer and want to start from scratch with someone new but I don’t want to buy the same theme again.

Thank you,

Aaron

124 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+7 more
tansh says

Simple thing is, u can use a theme (one regular license purchase) for only one website.

There is nothing like activating the theme. If you have purchased the theme via your account, u can tell your developer to take it down from his server and use it at yours.

Refer: http://themeforest.net/licenses/terms/regular

2 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
street805 says

Did my developer need to enter the purchase code that came with in the README text file? Are you saying its as simple as taking it down from one site and uploading it to another? No entering of purchase codes, no activating\deactivating anything?

158 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
goofydadog says

Correct there is no:

entering of purchase codes, no activating\deactivating anything?”

You can reuse your theme no problem. You own it. It is your developers problem if he keeps the theme without paying for it.

The only time you may run into problems is with authors private support forums (if they have one), most require a valid purchase code.

by
by
by
by
by
by