24 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
jerrywrightmusic says

I often find myself pacing the floor to figure out what category to place my songs in. A song might be suited for Pop, Light Rock and Corporate all at the same time (for instance). Guessing wrong might cause the song to be overlooked and you could lose potential sales.

I am currently working on a song that might make a great Christmas tune. But if it doesn’t sell in the Holiday/Seasonal category, I would hate to have it buried there for another year.

Once you have uploaded a song, is it possible to move the song to a different category in the future?

1990 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Switzerland
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+4 more
matsteiner Reviewer says

Hi Jerry

Well, if nobody answers that better, i do what i can: I don’t know. For sure is: You can’t do it by your own. But maybe if you contact the support, the’ll do it for you? I would quickly open a ticket here and ask them in advance:
http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit

But my experience is, that they react slowly…:(
Please post it here when you gotthe answer!
I wish you a wunderful weekedn!
jerrywrightmusic
jerrywrightmusic Recent Posts Threads Started
24 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
jerrywrightmusic says

Hi Mat,

Thanks for the advice. I checked into the support link. But it looks like they want you to attach a file along with your description of the problem. I was hoping a staff member would reply with a definitive answer or any AJ author that already went through the process of changing a song to another category. At this point, I am not going to chance putting this song in the holiday category.

Have a great week!

3206 posts Point. Counterpoint.
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+9 more
ADG3studios Staff says

Hi Jerry,

If you want to change the title or category you can do a file update via the edit tab on the item’s page, with an updated tag or current preview attached (to prevent automatic update).

In the notes to reviewer, you can make the request for the change and we can edit it, no problem. That way you don’t need to wait more than a few hours for a reply.

Also, unless there are changes to the track itself, don’t attach the main file again, it’s fine. :)

However, please note that it is still up to the review staff’s discretion, meaning the requested category has to be approved. We can’t just place an ambient track in motivational, for example.

jerrywrightmusic
jerrywrightmusic Recent Posts Threads Started
24 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
jerrywrightmusic says

Thank a million Adrien. That was exactly the info I needed!

by
by
by
by
by
by