748 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
guitarjock says

I have a web that I started about 6 months ago. I started out by looking at a few templates that fit close to what I was looking for. Then I purchased one and played with some of the coding, uploaded it and wallah! I had my first web site. The only problem is that it became time-consuming to keep the site updated.

I am now considering changing over to a WordPress driven site. The only problem is that I am not sure how difficult it will be to replace the HTML template with a WordPress template, and I am not sure what hiccups may be hiding along the way.

Does anyone have any advice on the subject?

140 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
weblusive says

It depends on the quality of the documentation provided and your willingness to follow the instructions :) Overall, Wordpress is quite an intuitive CMS and there are lot of hostings offering 1-click installation so you shouldn’t get into much difficulties with it.

4140 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

I remember when you were looking for a music HTML template :P .

I you want to take your existing HTML template and convert it to WP you need some pro` work on it there is a lot of work in away on the convert ,or you can start over and buy a WP template and the rest is fairly easy to install, but custom unique music WP template are a hard find

5461 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 1+ members Located in Australia Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Australia says

Stick with html and a good cms. Wordpress sucks. Lol

731 posts
    Has referred 500+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+7 more
mordauk says

As long as you know your way around WordPress coding, it’s pretty easy actually.

748 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
guitarjock says

Any pointers on where to find a good CMS ?

731 posts
    Has referred 500+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+7 more
mordauk says

Yes, WordPress :P The thing you have to remember is that even though WP started as a blog, it is by far one of the more robust CMS ’s now, especially if you leverage the power of custom post types and taxonomies.

5461 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 1+ members Located in Australia Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Australia says
938 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Located in Canada Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
graphicmind says

Concrete5

915 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years Has referred 200+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
michaelhejja says

Just make your own CMS . You will feel more fulfilled that way!

by
by
by
by
by
by