327 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
vtimbuc says

Hi guys,

I have a little problem. On a wordpress site I have a form on a page where I can submit info that is saved on the database. The problem is that when I use special characters they are not saved in utf-8 so I have to go to the WP-Admin and fix that characters.

How can I set to save the data on database using the utf-8 charset.

Thanks.

327 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
vtimbuc says

bump

3014 posts
    Helps us moderate the forums Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations Won a competition
+16 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

can you post some code so we can see how the characters are saved to the database? can you post a link to the page so we can see what the form / html looks like that is submitting the data ?

168 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Located in Australia
+2 more
michaeldale says

First you need to make sure the table was created with UTF -8 and secondly when connecting to the database you need to set it to UTF -8 with “SET NAMES utf8” before doing any queries.

327 posts
+5 more
vtimbuc says

Hey guys, I don’t have access to the DB so I can’t see if the table was created in utf-8. But here is the link to the page code http://vtimbuc.net/dev/code.html . Thanks

by
by
by
by
by
by