Hi! I bought the MediaReel Theme, i uploaded it with FileZilla, and when i go to my WP Themes and want to have a preview or activate it, appears the message “Cheatin’ uh?”.
I tried almost everything, but nothing seems to work! I really need help! Thanks!
Hey,in case you are using the SMOF theme panel, here is the solution: https://github.com/sy4mil/Options-Framework/issues/95
Hi Blooming! Thanks for your answer but unfortunatelly it doesn´t work… I´m desperate… don´t know what else to do!
Contact the author, its the only way to get it fixed, as we do not know the code
This is probably a Wordpress 3.4 error since some of our Themes got the error on the upload form after updating to 3.4 version. We had to update one of the files to repair it, but since each Theme is different you should contact the author about it.
Hello. I am trying to install the Karma theme that I purchased and after I install it and then try to activate it.. it displays the ‘Cheatin’ uh?’ page. I have tried everything that I could think of including updating everything, disabling everything in the WordPress account and even deleted and re-installed WordPress. I am at a loss.. and could really use some help on this.
- Has been a member for 3-4 years
- Attended a Community Meetup
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Bought between 50 and 99 items
- Community Ambassador
- Beta Tester
- Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
- Envato Staff
Hi! This is a general ThemeForest forum. For product-specific support, please contact the author of that theme through their profile page. You can find the profile page by clicking the author avatar on the product page. Thanks!
I just tested both themes and everything seems ok. Try this:
Have you tried:
- deactivating all plugins to see if this resolves the problem. If this works, re-activate the plugins one by one until you find the problematic plugin(s).
- switching to the Twenty Eleven theme to rule out any theme-specific problems.
- resetting the plugins folder by FTP or PhpMyAdmin. Sometimes, an apparently inactive plugin can still cause problems.
- re-uploading the wp-admin and wp-includes folders from a fresh download of WordPress.
Also consider giving this a good read too.http://wordpress.org/support/topic/troubleshooting-wordpress-34-master-list?replies=4
try the following for a quick fix! http://www.techjam.gr/2012/wordpress/fix-quickly-cheatin-uh-error-uploading-media-wordpress-update-342/
As far as I know this happens when you try to upload some media without having any instance related to it. This usually happens when you are trying to upload something on the theme options area. If this is the case the theme code must be changed so that the media links to something.
Changing Wordpress core files is never good!