20 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
zendao says

So it’s my first time buying one and I need a theme for my upcoming web design studio. I want an elegant edge with the most modern feel. Something to impress upon costumers but that is easy for my freelancer to costumize. I just need to be able to put my logo on the header and to have a video play on the slider as soon as I people enter the website (so the slider shouldn’t move)

So what should I focus on when chosing a theme, what things are easy to costumize and what things are difficult or need time?

I tried to stick to the most sold and so far I’m thinking about either the Enfold or Flexform themes:

With Enfold I love the menu, the animations on the slider, and how items pop as you scroll down the menu, but I dont like the typography of the rest of the page and the overall feel of it as you scroll down seems like its lacking something, maybe the font is to tiny and pale! I need something that’s easier to read.

With Flexform I like the overall feel of everything, and I like how I can have a boxed layout, but I don’t like the icons right under the slider, and it’s not as elegant as Enfold.

oh! and what does retina ready mean?

Anyway, all advice would be very much apreciated! :)

1739 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+6 more
SamBerson says

Hey there!

Welcome to ThemeForest.

As for themes, have a look at WordPress Corporate themes, there should be something there that you’ll like.

Retina-ready is the term used to describe a website with high quality images, which when viewed on an iPad, for example, will look even better than on a computer.

Any more questions, just ask.

Sam :)

20 posts
zendao says

Thanks heaps Samberson!

I still need help with this though:

So what should I focus on when chosing a theme, what things are easy to costumize and what things are difficult or need time?

1739 posts
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
SamBerson says

Personally I would use WordPress as it’s very easy to use and is good for anyone from beginners all the way up to professionals.

As for the theme to choose, find one with a good admin panel and lots of options as this means you’ll be able to customise it more.

Hope this information helps. Sam :)

105 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United States
aGHasizadeh says

for example, if we want to buy a template we always read the users comment and sales of month also one of the most important things is rating

with themeforest new future now you can see how many users rate the theme in 5 start!

Good Luck ;)

439 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
Pixelous says

zendao,

Hi!

try to choose the theme not because of it’s has a lot of sales but the most visually attractive one. Here a lot of themes much more better rather than the themes you have mentioned.

426 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United Kingdom
SimpleSites4U says

Support the little guys and be different – buy a theme with fewer sales

means u wont be just another clone site created from the same templates used by thousand of other sites which will also be a wise move when selling yourself as a unique web design company :)

1739 posts
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
SamBerson says

Support the little guys and be different – buy a theme with fewer sales means u wont be just another clone site created from the same templates used by thousand of other sites which will also be a wise move when selling yourself as a unique web design company :)

I have to say that’s one of the best things I’ve read on these forums! Never really thought about it, but actually that’s something that more people should be aware of :)

20 posts
zendao says

zendao,

Hi!

try to choose the theme not because of it’s has a lot of sales but the most visually attractive one. Here a lot of themes much more better rather than the themes you have mentioned.

That is what I’m looking for exactly! I just happen to think the Enfold theme is the most attractive. What others would you suggest?

thanks!

439 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
Pixelous says

zendao,

Hi!

That is what I’m looking for exactly! I just happen to think the Enfold theme is the most attractive. What others would you suggest?

thanks!

I would recommend you to have a look at these themes which I like very much. Please keep in mind this is not an ad, I really like them.

http://themeforest.net/item/daisho-flexible-wordpress-portfolio-theme/2585124 http://themeforest.net/item/wowway-interactive-responsive-portfolio-theme/2374321 http://themeforest.net/item/salient-responsive-portfolio-blog-theme/4363266 http://themeforest.net/item/the-retailer-retina-responsive-woocommerce-theme/4287447 http://themeforest.net/item/scrn-responsive-single-page-portfolio/2964855
by
by
by
by
by
by