243 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Located in Germany
+2 more
Crian says

Hello Community!

I was thinking about composing some seasonal music so I need some christmas sounds for the next time. I mean these typical bells, shakers, etc. :) Which program has some or are there any samples for free? And if yes – how do I open them?

Have a nice evening, Crian :)

708 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
+3 more
LucaFormicola says

You can search them on Google writing “bells wav”. There are some sites with free sounds. Enjoy ;)

243 posts
  • Located in Germany
+2 more
Crian says

Thank you! How do I get them into Cubase? Like I play the note “A1” and it plays the bell in A1?

708 posts
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
+3 more
LucaFormicola says

Well, this case is different cause wav sounds are good not for playing note but just as they “sound”, if you need different note you should have a plug-in within a “kit of bells” for example..

387 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Located in Poland
+3 more
DamianN says

Christmas bells are relatively easy to synthesize… But you can always search in google ‘bells soundbanks’ for realistic bells or ‘bells [your vst] presets’ for synthesized. Good luck HO-HO-HO !

249 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
miksmusic says

Which version of Cubase are you using? As far as I recall, versions 4 and up come bundled with a sampler (HalionOne) that has a variety of bell sounds. Hope that helps.

Cheers

305 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+1 more
adammonroe says

I believe you might want some SLIEGH BELLS , some GLOCKENSPIEL , Maybe some CHIMES ? . You’ll need a sample library that includes these things. I use Virtual Drumline – Lots of different percussion sounds in there.

243 posts
  • Located in Germany
+2 more
Crian says

Thank you for all your answers! :)

Well I don’t know which Cubase version I actually have – it’s a very old sequencer my father bought about 5 years ago, haha. :) So unfortunately there is no Halion integrated. Well the bells, etc. is not such a big problem, I need this typical “schschschschsch” used in all christmas songs, you know. Sorry for the Justin Bieber Example but I mean the sound at the beginning starting at 0.00 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjeesLtahks I can’t find something like this on my sound librarys, i have EastWest Stormdrum and Morphestra that own a percussion section ..
by
by
by
by
by
by