243 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Located in Germany
+2 more
Crian says

Hello Community! :)

I always wondered wherefrom you have have all these christmas sounds? Like the typical “tschtschtsch” bell-shaker sound. Is there any library? Because I really would like to compose some christmas stuff the next days/weeks.

Have a nice evening, Crian

515 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
JonBuice says

Hello Community! :)

I always wondered wherefrom you have have all these christmas sounds? Like the typical “tschtschtsch” bell-shaker sound. Is there any library? Because I really would like to compose some christmas stuff the next days/weeks.

Have a nice evening, Crian

Go out and grab yourself some bells to record! You could prob get some for like $10 and they would sound waaay better than any you’d find for free :)

1411 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+9 more
lucafrancini Envato team says

I will buy them soon :D

Anyway you can search for “sleigh bells” sound;)

139 posts
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
nahkaorava says

It’s bit off-topic, but do the songs with christmas feeling sell well? Just wandering whether or not I should write some songs like that… :P

306 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+1 more
adammonroe says

These seem pretty decent. http://www.compositiontoday.com/sound_bank/percussion/sleighbells.asp

I usually use the sleigh bells in virtual drum line, but they are not that great. Really only good for orchestral stuff. Maybe next year I will sample some Christmas sounds, as they seem to be a fairly popular request.

It’s bit off-topic, but do the songs with christmas feeling sell well? Just wandering whether or not I should write some songs like that… :P

Hmmm, that’s an excellent question. To me, it seems like the Christmas Music market is heavily saturated by classics that retailers and businesses resurrect every year. You will usually hear around five renditions of Carol Of The Bells on various ads. IMO , the best bet is to rework those classics so that you make something that is both familiar and new. I think the market can be good, considering it’s the holiday that has the most staying power. These days (in America) it seems like we start celebrating Christmas in mid-November.

243 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Germany
+2 more
Crian says

Thank you guys, finally found something to use! :)

And yes I think that the market for christmas tracks is great especially on AJ. (Just take a look at the newest tracks – Almost every 6th or 7th got sold :) Also I am very new here on AJ but my first attempt ever to compose christmas tracks was sold today. There is hope! :)

Have a nice weekend, Crian

893 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
JohnRosso says

Why nobody uses “Ho ho ho” sounds? it’s so christmassy :)

by
by
by
by
by
by