511 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
5p1r17 says

Hi people!

I need some opinion of C4D guys here… What is the best way to get motion blur without Physical render engine? This new engine is nice, but rendering speed is way much longer, comparing to standard one(x 2.5 times in my case)...

And as I remember in older versions of C4D, vector pass wasn’t friendly with After Effects. Even RSMB couldn’t help… Any advices? :)

1109 posts inlifethrill
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
InlifeThrill says

As far as I know RSMB is, by far, the best thing you can get in terms of post motion blur.

If you are not using DOF or Motion Blur straight in Cinema there is no much need to use the physical renderer anyway. In R14 the image sampling process of the standard and physical renderer has been unified so it is more or less the same now. The motion vector pass should work fine with Cinema if used correctly. This has to do the fact that C4D spits files out in linear color space by default. To make it work you need to preserve the RGB values of special passes like the motion vector (or the z-depth pass) in the post process. If using After Effects, this can be selected in the color management tab of any imported footage. I found a tut that visually illustrates it: https://vimeo.com/33243611

Still, nothing is likely to beat the quality of the physically correct motion blur.

Hope I made some sense. Good luck!

511 posts
+3 more
5p1r17 says

Thanks Inlife! Very useful tutorial.

2355 posts Small, but tough
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

As far as I know RSMB is, by far, the best thing you can get in terms of post motion blur.
105 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
ToddKopriva says
The new Pixel Motion Blur effect in the next version of After Effects is made for this. In After Effects CS6 and earlier, you can get the same result using the tip for Timewarp and motion blur described on this page: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/aftereffects/cs/using/WS09B6A698-8F9E-4a00-8D1B-07FC62FB2D30a.html#WS641C5190-1DAD-4150-B17F-F339C6DF1FB2a
511 posts
+3 more
5p1r17 says

Thanks Todd! Next AE is very sexy, definitely worth buying\upgrading :)

by
by
by
by
by
by