20 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
jmods says

Looking for a theme/template for a city guide site. The site will have restaurants, pubs, interests, things to see, etc.

Theres such a theme from another company and I like it But I was wondering if there was anything similar to it on here at themeforest?¿

One thing the theme doesnt have and Id like is for the users to be able to contribute, so someone viewing the site could register and add a place, restaurante, pub, etc….to make it more interactive.

Any ideas?¿

1872 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
FRESHFACE says

I don’t remember any theme like this here. I would suggest you to ask the other company if they can incorporate this feature. I know exactly which theme you mean and if there isn’t that feature I think it would be a dealbreaker – at least for me, so you can try sending them an email and suggest this feature, maybe they will agree because this feature is really crucial for city guide. Best content is mostly created by visitors right? :)

960 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
jeffeatworld says

I think you really need to find a template you like and then get someone to work with you to create exactly what you need e.g. you won’t find a template with that amout of functionality on Themeforest.

The closest would be maybe a Wordpress theme which would double as a CMS .

20 posts
jmods says

@_freshface: Yeah I know, it seems tobe such a crucial feature for such a theme, I cant understand how or why they left it out….I would of thought about paying the price if it had that option!

Anyways, we ll see.

thanks!

is there any comunnity pluginsfor wordpress?¿

56 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
Mladjo says

I just get proposition for such a site from client. Can you please send me the link of the theme and if I add user interactivity i will send you what I did or explain how i did it.

20 posts
jmods says

the theme is City Guide by woothemes (I dont know If Im allowed to say that….so sorry if Im not!)

Im not going to provide the link cause Im not sure that Im allowed to…...but if you search for it online, youll find it.

cheers, oh and if you can add that functionality please let me know how!!!

cheers.

20 posts
jmods says

Is there any plugin to allow this?¿

240 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Canada
rarepearldesign says

Definitely a one-of build at this point I am thinking.

Just have to build some custom secure forms that create posts and/or pages and/or custom fields, or even add some custom tables to the mix. The solution is easy, just some basic programming and hooks/filters wizardry but the actual implementation would be best suited to your exact needs. Likely no plug-ins to do it all, but could be a mish-mash of various ones you could twist-tie together and make work. Pretty gross that way though.

155 posts
  • Located in Canada
Warll says

You might have luck looking for a plugin that adds posts to the moderation queue based on a public facing form.

Programing it up would be quite simple;

Form -> queue/category + page/search set to show posts from a category

by
by
by
by
by
by