406 posts Motion Graphics and Scrambled Eggs
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
smudgethis says

Just thought I would share this small exchange of correspondence from yesterday. Was a shame it didn’t last longer, on reflection he was quite entertaining…

Client: hi i bought ur awesome project named “about me”but i need c4d and sound files could u send them to me as fast as u can ? thanx u so much again

Me: Hi _, Can you send me your proof of purchase of the template and then I will send you the c4d files. Unfortunately I can’t send you the audio as that does not belong to me and has to be purchased separately. Kind regards

Client: idk how can i send u proof i am new here cant u just send it plz i really need c4d today

Me: In your Envato profile, go to ‘Downloads’ then click the licence certificate of the ‘About Me’ template that you have purchased. (jpeg attached to help you). Send me that and I will send you the files today. Kind regards

Client: to be honest,i didnt buy ur project.i wanted a project from my cousin and he gave me that project.when i ask him c4d files he told me that:”u can ask (my email address) “then i e-mailed u.if u can do a favour to me i really be funny. Perfect regards

Me: Dude it’s $25. Stop being so cheap. You really expect me to help you when you won’t even spend $25 on my hard work?

Client: hey man we purchased 25 dollars already.i am not cheap.i have ur project file expect c4d.doesnt matter dont give me c4d good bloody days :/

Me: Actually you have only purchased ONE LICENCE to use the file ONCE (read the small print) and don’t get abusive.

I worked hard to make a product and your cousin purchased the rights to use that template once. If you now want to use it then you have to purchase another licence. Without doing so you are actually breaking the licence agreement and in proving you have done what you have done, you and your cousin are now subsequently eligible to be sued by myself and Envato.

If you want the files I am happy to give them to you but only if you abide by the law. I run a professional business and only do business with professionals.

Regards

I received no reply. I may be wrong on the whole ‘being sued by Envato’ part but it sounded good.

Anyway, I’l just rack it up as another case of classicclientitis. It seems like an epidemic is doing the rounds.

2353 posts Small, but tough
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

ummm, I know it’s kinda offtopic, but could you send me the c4d file? But, like… now! :D

7573 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

surprise plot twist:

there is no cousin

+6 more
smudgethis says

ummm, I know it’s kinda offtopic, but could you send me the c4d file? But, like… now! :D

Hi _, Can you send me your proof of purchase of the template and then I will send you the c4d files. :)

2353 posts Small, but tough
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

Hi _, Can you send me your proof of purchase of the template and then I will send you the c4d files. :)

ummm, well,.. I kinda don’t have the proof, but you have my word!

509 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
5p1r17 says

i need that c4d files too! I need them now, urgently…

704 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
3dbacks says

Client – In God we trust, your ae project I like , can you send me in name of the God for free

me – ?

5165 posts
  • Provided great contribution to our forums
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+12 more
felt_tips Moderator says

My cousin put me up to it, your honour….

Hmmm.

410 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
GhosTeam says

All this happening while the client assumes he deserves the c4d file at all…..he didn’t pay for it and you didn’t give it away as a bonus…
Personally, I think that even if he bought your item he should have asked for the original c4d and not demand it. :)

Correction: it’s like a client asking for the original AE/3D file of a motion graphics item for free..the answer will always be no for me.

+6 more
smudgethis says

UPDATE!

Just got an email from my favourite client and it’s a blinder!

Client: I am a better user then you.Maybe y think i am elemantary user but i need that filecause i have no time and too busy.i dont need ur f(bleep)g file anymore.i can see that people seems alive but they are dead in my heart.How u think god bless u …ok bb

Me: I have no opinion as to what level of user you are. You could be Andrew Kramer for all I care I still wouldn’t give you the files for free. I invested a lot of hard work and time in creating this template and the files associated with it. Giving them away for free would not be a good move from a business point of view.

I am more than happy to supply the files to anyone who has purchased the template and have done so many many times in the past.

Regards

Perhaps live blogging this rather ‘intimate’ conversation is a little below the belt but it is my way of venting to the world the goings on in ‘La La Land’ where clients think they can get something for free by using naughty adult words and annoying abbreviations… ‘bb’ (anyone know what that even means?)

J

by
by
by
by
by
by