1 post
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
piperabu says

Hi, I updated to the latest version of wordpress 3.5 and I do not work for the manager to insert images galleries, there are some solutions on the matter. Thanks

6 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
michaelpead says

I saw there was a thread on the Clear Theme item page with people having problems with upgrading to WP 3.5 and the author said he was going to issue a new release, however I’ve just seen that the item has been deleted! Hopefully it’s just a temporary issue and it’ll be back.

Has anyone else using this theme found a solution to upgrading it to WP 3.5?

4 posts
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
Henrik41 says

Yah, I had a real headach fixing all the bugs but finaly did it. Expect a few hours of debugging as this also depends on the pluggins you have. You also need a basic knowledge of Javascript as many features break with the newest jquery.

6 posts
  • United Kingdom
michaelpead says

Oh dear!! Was hoping to just take out the reference to the old jQuery, didn’t think it would be a major headache like that – think I’ll leave this for another day then when I’ve had a strong coffee beforehand!!

4 posts
Henrik41 says

If you need help no prob mate. I will post in a few minutes what I think could be a solution for most of us.

1. Get the new jquery minified version here: http://jquery.com/ 2. Get the new Jquery UI here: http://jqueryui.com/download/ 3. Put the jquery-1.8.3.min.js and jquery-ui-1.9.2.custom.min.js in 2 folders: a) /wp-content/themes/clear-theme/js b) /wp-content/themes/clear-theme/library/js 4. Go to /wp-content/themes/clear-theme/library/css and replace the file ui-lightness by the new one provided in your jquery UI download (it’s in the second download in the css folder). 5. Go to the /wp-content/themes/clear-theme/library/invent and open up admin.php and site.php and modify as follow:

Admin.php my line 322

wp_register_script( 'jquery-new', get_template_directory_uri().'/library/js/jquery-1.8.3.min.js', array(), '1.8.3'); wp_enqueue_script ('jquery-new' ); wp_enqueue_script('jquery.ui', get_template_directory_uri().'/library/js/jquery-ui-1.9.2.custom.min.js');

Basically you need to change the reference to the Jquery and UI files in 2 places.

Next the Site.php (my line 89)

wp_register_script( 'jquery', get_template_directory_uri().'/js/jquery-1.8.3.min.js', array(), '1.8.3');

Again you change the reference to the jquery file.

6. OK…next the thing that will break is this file: /wp-content/themes/clear-theme/library/js/jquery.backgroundPosition.js

replace the content as such:

(function($) { if(!document.defaultView || !document.defaultView.getComputedStyle){ var oldCSS = jQuery.css; jQuery.css = function(elem, name, force){ if(name === 'background-position'){ name = 'backgroundPosition'; } if(name !== 'backgroundPosition' || !elem.currentStyle || elem.currentStyle[ name ]){ return oldCSS.apply(this, arguments); } var style = elem.style; if ( !force && style && style[ name ] ){ return style[ name ]; } return oldCSS(elem, 'backgroundPositionX', force) +' '+ oldCSS(elem, 'backgroundPositionY', force); }; } var oldAnim = $.fn.animate; $.fn.animate = function(prop){ if('background-position' in prop){ prop.backgroundPosition = prop['background-position']; delete prop['background-position']; } if('backgroundPosition' in prop){ prop.backgroundPosition = '('+ prop.backgroundPosition + ')'; } return oldAnim.apply(this, arguments); }; function toArray(strg){ strg = strg.replace(/left|top/g,'0px'); strg = strg.replace(/right|bottom/g,'100%'); strg = strg.replace(/([0-9\.]+)(\s|\)|$)/g,"$1px$2"); var res = strg.match(/(-?[0-9\.]+)(px|\%|em|pt)\s(-?[0-9\.]+)(px|\%|em|pt)/); return [parseFloat(res[1],10),res[2],parseFloat(res[3],10),res[4]]; } $.fx.step.backgroundPosition = function(fx) { if (!fx.bgPosReady) { var start = $.css(fx.elem,'backgroundPosition'); if(!start){//FF2 no inline-style fallback start = '0px 0px'; } start = toArray(start); fx.start = [start[0],start[2]]; var end = toArray(fx.end); fx.end = [end[0],end[2]]; fx.unit = [end[1],end[3]]; fx.bgPosReady = true; } var nowPosX = []; nowPosX[0] = ((fx.end[0] - fx.start[0]) * fx.pos) + fx.start[0] + fx.unit[0]; nowPosX[1] = ((fx.end[1] - fx.start[1]) * fx.pos) + fx.start[1] + fx.unit[1]; fx.elem.style.backgroundPosition = nowPosX[0]+' '+nowPosX[1]; }; })(jQuery);

Ok…. This should solve most of the problems in the theme. The next step if it works is to send me a thank you notice :)

Hope this helps :)

Henrik

6 posts
  • United Kingdom
michaelpead says

Henrik, that is really very kind of you for taking the time to post this. Thank you very much indeed! I’ll give it a go in the next couple of days and let you know! :) Many thanks

2 posts
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Spain
Eduartbox says

Hi Everyone, sorry if i donĀ“t get it but, what really happend with the theme? im having some strange issues, today one page was deleted from the menu and we upgrade to wp 3.5 but there are still things that we dont get, is this going to be fixed? how can i get some support from this? for example i can no longer edit with the quick edit the names of the pages. That for now hope to understand what happend with clear theme! thanks

4 posts
Henrik41 says

Hey Dizen, The theme was retrieved from themeforest. You have 2 choices: contact invent group for an updated version (you can find the contact in the theme itself control panel under invent) and wait or fix it yourself (as I did, expect a few hours). The other option is to pay someone to do it for you.

2 posts
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Spain
Eduartbox says

Hey Dizen, The theme was retrieved from themeforest. You have 2 choices: contact invent group for an updated version (you can find the contact in the theme itself control panel under invent) and wait or fix it yourself (as I did, expect a few hours). The other option is to pay someone to do it for you.

Hi Henrik41, Thanks for the help, but im not expert. so im in the same place. anyway will try to contact, and otherwise contact somenoe, any advice?

4 posts
Henrik41 says

I Went through the headache so I know how it feels. What I suggest is to contact Invent first and see if they respond within the next 2 days. If they don’t I could help you do it through I’ll have to charge you for my worktime (It won’t be much since I already know the script). Did you try the solution I provided ?

by
by
by
by
by
by