7 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
AmaraBlack says

hi there

i have created a website for a client in html and css they have requested a sort of backend application whereby they can easily edit their website, they are not familiar with html coding so they need something thats understandable

they also want something whereby they can view how many hits theri website has had

i have seen some themes on this website for admin panels, but they all seem to be templates, how can one corporate these themese into a working site? or are there any other applications i can use for what i need

i appreciate your help and thank you in advance

kind regards

389 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
EugeneO says

The simplest solution is use an existing CMS and template (WordPress, Drupal, etc) and set them up with a google analytics account and tracking code.

7 posts
AmaraBlack says
The simplest solution is use an existing CMS and template (WordPress, Drupal, etc) and set them up with a google analytics account and tracking code.

but iv already created the website and its up and running

switching to a cms would mean having to create the whole website again as a template for that particular cms!!

2453 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
digitalimpact says

ahhh…Eugene was faster… :D

To add to the discussion, you can also ask for a WordPress designer here, just in case you are not familiar with WP themes.

Good luck with your project :)

2453 posts
+3 more
digitalimpact says

but iv already created the website and its up and running

switching to a cms would mean having to create the whole website again as a template for that particular cms!!

Usually it doesn’t take much to convert the HTML to a WordPress theme, for example.

Of course, it all depends on what functionality you have there…

EDIT : just saw this on CodeCanyon…maybe it helps: http://codecanyon.net/item/dijitals-cms/102279

7 posts
AmaraBlack says

thanks very much guys im not very familiar with WP although i am with Drupal, so might look into that

so to end this, there isnt really any other easier way to have like an online html editing suite for the site no? best thing is to convert to a CMS

1950 posts Do the Needful
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
+10 more
JamiGibbs says

Your client is wanting exactly what Wordpress can give them. If you’re not up to the task of converting the HTML to a WP theme, then simply outsource it and (depending on how complicated the website is), you can probably get an eager coder to turn it around for you in a few days tops at a relatively low cost.

2453 posts
+3 more
digitalimpact says
thanks very much guys im not very familiar with WP although i am with Drupal, so might look into that so to end this, there isnt really any other easier way to have like an online html editing suite for the site no? best thing is to convert to a CMS

Try CushyCMS then :)

7 posts
AmaraBlack says
thanks very much guys im not very familiar with WP although i am with Drupal, so might look into that so to end this, there isnt really any other easier way to have like an online html editing suite for the site no? best thing is to convert to a CMS
Try CushyCMS then :)

OMG thats amazing its exactly what i wante :D brilliant thank u so much u been a great help

2453 posts
+3 more
digitalimpact says

Awesome :)

Have fun!

by
by
by