1613 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Won a competition
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
cyzer says

Discussion in the email:

Client: i bought (item name) and it has crashed on three diff computers how can i request a refund dont wanna really leave a bad comment cause it a cool project just dont work

Me: Hello, you needed to contact me when it crashed for the first time :) try this. (sent him updated optimized version of item.

Client: i did lol i gott three computers in my house thought it was my plugins. its somethin with the camera blur that makes it nott work. and it leaves some color bars across the top gonna needa refund or another project.

Me: I have sent you a new version of project. Have you tried opening it ?

Client: yeah dude i gotta really good computer and am pretty good with after effects i see ur a master but I know when theres something wrong Ive already put out 5 other logo stings tonight

Me: It is realy weird. If you want refund or something like that you should contact Support of video hive. Obviously I cant transfer you 12$ through a bank, because just a transfering would cost me about 60$. I have opened it on 4 different computers + it has been purchased 75 times and no complains about it.

Client: Transforming Action Logo!!!! send me that 1 an we forget about ittt

... and it’s not the first time.

2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
crowleywalnuts says

??? project dosent work would like a refund Im a customer here never once had a complaint dont know what 2 do to remedy any help from videohive be appreciated

• Won a competition
+8 more
cyzer says

Who knows, maybe it’s a clever way to get new projects.

2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
crowleywalnuts says

Has been rectified the man is a true professional

282 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
MartinProUser says

So at the end ,the customer has got 2 projects for only $12….hmmm

• Won a competition
+8 more
cyzer says

There was already few of such actions. We need to be careful

282 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
MartinProUser says

Once I had client like this from VH,and I simply asked him to send me his logo and i sent him a new project replaced with his logo,everything was fine.

• Won a competition
+8 more
cyzer says

Once I had client like this from VH,and I simply asked him to send me his logo and i sent him a new project replaced with his logo,everything was fine.

Yeah but it’s not the case, he stated that it doesnt even open

1103 posts inlifethrill
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
InlifeThrill says

I always ask them to send me a screen of any error messages AE may pop out. Then I know what’s going on. “Project does not open” is quite extensive as a statement and it could be easily abused. I’d never send a free project without a serious reason.. even if it is a 5$ project, it is not a money question.

5076 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+11 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

There are so many dodgy configurations and bad installs of Ae out there, that an author can’t be held responsible for a project that supposedly “doesn’t work”, when it’s actually down to user error or lack of experience.

An author needs to have a good feel for how a project behaves on a computer that has little RAM . I always put a note first thing that to work on a project, you use half-res, draft-3D, motion blur off, and if you’ve got a real antique on your desktop, consider low-qual or skip-frame previews. I also color code layers so that layer sets can be turned on/off while you work, and often have an edit-mode that switches off everything heavy duty. I very rarely get a question / complaint.

You’ve got to know how to render too. We’re all used to powerful computers with shed-loads of RAM these days so you just press the li’l old render button, but it wasn’t always so, and there are ways you can make a project render. Again, in my user guides, I tend to devote quite a bit of space to render tips and usually link to my rendering tutorial too.

However, if a user with 2GB RAM replaces a placeholder with a 16000 pixel wide images, and tries to render it without disk-cache on, then they’re going to have a problem. In those kind of cases, I don’t think it’s up to authors to educate users how to use Ae.

by
by
by
by
by
by