523 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+10 more
Zeplix says

Oh, can the old Tuts+ Authors at least get a badge? :p Pretty please? Though I would still prefer a sale :D

2075 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
LanceSnider says

Oh, can the old Tuts+ Authors at least get a badge? :p Pretty please? Though I would still prefer a sale :D

You’ve been badged. ;) Let me talk to someone about a sale.

973 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
aaranmcguire says

What badge did you give him?

2075 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+7 more
LanceSnider says

What badge did you give him?
Just that he has written a tutorial.
523 posts
+10 more
Zeplix says

It gave nice exposure and additional earnings. I definitely earned more through tuts marketplace than what I would get from submitting those tutorials to tuts+.

I will say that I earn more through TutsPlus Premium than I do/did with Tuts+ Marketplace, BUT the great thing about the marketplace was that I could sell a lot of files there, that I could never sell on TutsPlus Premium. Heck, as an example, my all time most popular file was actually rejected from Psd.Tuts! Even now, I have several tutorials that I know would never fit on any of the other channels (including my “Photoshop for Busy People” series, which I was actually making pretty decent money off). I think that’s the biggest shame, really, that a lot of content will just disappear. The Marketplace was a unique place for things like that.

147 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Cre8tiveCloud says

Why not just keep the existing approved items in their respective markets, Web Tuts on theme forest & graphic tuts on graphic river. and just close the market place and stop new submissions. I know personally one of the best files I’ve ever purchased was css noob to ninja.

I really don’t think its fair for the authors who spent time on their items, developing, refining , marketing the Envato market place.

just my 2 cents

523 posts
+10 more
Zeplix says

Why not just keep the existing approved items in their respective markets, Web Tuts on theme forest & graphic tuts on graphic river.

While I really like the idea of still having my tuts up, I don’t see how this would work. I doubt they would get any sales on those sites, since no one would really search for the topics tutorials were made. Unless of course a “Tutorial” category was made, which would be pretty cool in that case, and I could totally see working. Though some tutorials would be difficult to fit in on the other sites, just because of figuring out which genre they fit into.

223 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
graphicon says

Noooooooooo…. :(

8 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+2 more
neilhanvey says

will my earnings still be available for me to purchase stuff on say, photodune? i can see how this closure would annoy some people but it’s just business at the end of the day and stuff happens so you gotta deal with it. as for the way it’s been handled, meh, i’m not gonna lose any sleep over it. i got an email detailing the closure, can’t really expect much more tbh. was nice while it lasted.

also how do i get a copy of my tutorials? i created them so long ago that i don’t think i have a local copy anymore

709 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
+3 more
LucaFormicola says

Hi all, can someone explain me briefly HOW ad tuts+ NOW works? As I understood, now Envato will pay 1 amount and no more? I’m sorry If I’m wrong ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by