1277 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+7 more
rondog says

No need for XML if you have PHP and MySQL

Also look into AMFPHP (or ZendAMF) for MySQL/PHP to flash.

243 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
creativestuff says

+1 for PHP and Mysql and you can loadin a php file insted of XML (and echo the structure of an xml with the data read from the database)... I learned php wothout any book… simply searched for “how to…. in php” in google :)

382 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
Quantax says

you need a “server side script language” to make CMS functionality (PHP – ASP – JSP – or others). Personally, I often work with php and MySql creating dynamical xml file from php making sql queries from database …

1277 posts
+7 more
rondog says

you need a “server side script language” to make CMS functionality (PHP – ASP – JSP – or others). Personally, I often work with php and MySql creating dynamical xml file from php making sql queries from database …

If you use AMFPHP you dont need to create dynamic XML files. AMFPHP takes data from a database and sends it back to flash as an array. Saves you a lot of time.

2010 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+9 more
bitfade says

If you use AMFPHP you dont need to create dynamic XML files. AMFPHP takes data from a database and sends it back to flash as an array. Saves you a lot of time.
drawback with this solution is that application wouldn’t run without the backend
7773 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
+4 more
doru says

great, I have the occasion to point out this wonderful website:

http://www.phpvideotutorials.com/

a nice way to learn php, mysql by creating from scratch entire applications. And the guy is australian like this site :D

636 posts Fuel Your Web
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
Pirenko says

Flash+PHP+XML is enough and safe for sites with a limited amount of information. I’ve been building CMS systems like this for my latest files and haven’t faced any special trouble.
This has the advantage to simplify the installation process (just upload a folder to server and eventually adjust some file permissions).
If you have large amounts of info and you need to make sure that it stays in a safe “place” you should use MySQL instead of XML files.

1277 posts
+7 more
rondog says

drawback with this solution is that application wouldn’t run without the backend

Yeah but he want to build a CMS . He is going to have a backend lol

4387 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+14 more
Enabled Moderator says

I just want to offer users a HTML / FLASH page whatever where they can edit the child nodes of the XML with great ease. I am a big huge fan of making all my XML files FULL of settings, and I am proud to say that everyone who bought a file that has XML never wanted more from it LOL :D

So that’s what I’d love to get for my buyers. A simple HTML or flash file, where a user can go, and edit XML settings without actually having to edit the XML via notepad/dreamweaver etc etc.

1277 posts
+7 more
rondog says

I just want to offer users a HTML / FLASH page whatever where they can edit the child nodes of the XML with great ease. I am a big huge fan of making all my XML files FULL of settings, and I am proud to say that everyone who bought a file that has XML never wanted more from it LOL :D So that’s what I’d love to get for my buyers. A simple HTML or flash file, where a user can go, and edit XML settings without actually having to edit the XML via notepad/dreamweaver etc etc.

Well its going to be hard saving files without a back end. Javascript can kinda do it, but I think it requires ActiveX, yuck

by
by
by
by
by
by