• Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
+4 more
flashedge says

I always used Dreamweaver. Lately discovered FlashDevelop which fits also for html coding. :)

12 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Denmark
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
iconfinder says

If you’re using it for PHP the Zend Studio is awesome. It doesn’t run on Mac unfortunately, so I’m using Eclipse or Coda instead :-/

159 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
peex says
Only part I don’t like about Dreamweaver is that I need to start up that huge program just.to.type.code.

I’m using Editplus because of the same reason it is really fast and easy to use :)

444 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
TahaH-Studio says

The thing with Zend Studio that its too expensive for me right now. I want a text editor for html, css and php. I though of using aptana studio, but when i tried to install the php development plugin, it gives me errors and crashes every 10 mins roughly.

19 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
thomasb86 says

If your after the looks of Coda, then try InType, very nice looking piece of software. Best on windows by far.

7 posts
  • Netherlands
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
icezAz says

Imo TopStyle is the best editor (site seems down atm, wiki). Mainly for CSS , but also supports HTML , Javascript and PHP . This lightweight program saves me alot of work.

1 post
ambrooks says
If your after the looks of Coda, then try InType, very nice looking piece of software. Best on windows by far.

I have to agree with this. It is still in alpha stage, and already is is better than all of the other programs listed on this thread. It is not an entire IDE (who needs that for web dev?), but it does have file management.

Sadly though it is being made by a small group in their spare time, so it has an incredibly slow development. Because of this, I can’t say it is exactly ready for real use at this point. Definitely something to look into, though.

1549 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
dSKY says

Try Aptana Studio , and Komodo.

1 post
maf138 says

Checking out Komodo Edit is worth a shot. It allows you to connect to a remote server and installing an add-on allows you to have a sidebar similar to Coda.

8186 posts Community Moderator
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Moderator
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+4 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says
Only part I don’t like about Dreamweaver is that I need to start up that huge program just.to.type.code.

I agree its such a huge program :(

I use FlashDevelop and Notepad++ for most things, will look into E-Text-Editor though :)

by
by
by
by
by
by