• Netherlands
  • Community Moderator
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says
Lookin’ forward to this! I started off at FlashDen selling some projects I made for Computer Science class. Now, we’ve recently finished learning PHP in class, and I’ve got a few good projects laying around – I’d love to sell those down in the CodePond :D
What awesome high school do you go to anyway? We had “informatica” in the first year where the teacher tried to explain how to use MS Word…failed miserably and we had to teach her…the hell??

Hehe, sounds like fun ;)

Well, the first 3 years of “Informatiekunde” were quite similar to what you describe: we had to learn what a mouse was, what a motherboard was, general ‘crude’ computer knowledge like that, not actually creating stuff.

Then, after 3 years, we chose a ‘profile’ – (I went for a Beta-profile with economy, extra maths and computer science as optional subjects). I’m in year 6 now, so I’ve had a little more than 2 years of this kind of informatica. This is the kind one would like: we started off learning HTML /CSS. Then we learned a Java variant called JavaLogo (so we’d know that you could actually code commands for something to take actions, or something vague like that). After that, we learned Javascript, and we finished year 4 with a tiny bit of Flash, which I forgot over the summer.

Then, in year 5 we learned Flash (Check out my oldest 3 files!). I must say I did a little more than was taught, but still the teaching was pretty good imo. After that we did some Photoshop, to keep all those who fail at other things pleased. Then we had to do ‘Network understanding’, which was mandatory for the exams. At the end of year 5 we learned the basics of PHP , and had to develop a guestbook. Then over the summer I developed a PHP forum for a friend of my dad, and now we’ve nearly finished learning PHP and are about to start doing our ‘Master Test’ which will count for 50% of my final Exam grade. I’ll be making an MMORPG :D

About my teacher.. well.. he’s pretty awesome, although I’m starting to see more and more flaws in his work as I learn more myself ;) Stuff like failing to properly secure his AJAX or using magicquotes instead of mysql_real_escape_string, stuff like that. But for a babyboomer, he’s surely an awesome computer science teacher!

2201 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Netherlands
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
ArikB says

What.Highschool.Do.You.Go.To?

If you dont want to post publicly, you can msg me :P

I took up N&T with Economics, barely made that, so I’ll probably go study economics…something that doesn’t have that much math in it.

3671 posts Community Moderator
  • Netherlands
  • Community Moderator
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more

I took up N&T with Economics, barely made that, so I’ll probably go study economics…something that doesn’t have that much math in it.

I go to ORS Lek en Linge, in Culemborg :) I’m currently in the last year of N&T with Computer science in my profile, Economics and Maths D in my ‘free space’. It’s going pretty smoothly, except for German. I guess I’ll have to compensate that failure with Maths and Physics ;)

Maths rules! :o

2715 posts
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Switzerland
+3 more
DanielKeller says
It’s going pretty smoothly, except for German.

german is easy as 1 2 3, isn’t it? :D

for me dutch is one of the most difficult languages besides chinese and japanese hehe…. smoerebrot.. ik been en sweijzer, right? dutch has a strong accent

3671 posts Community Moderator
  • Netherlands
  • Community Moderator
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
It’s going pretty smoothly, except for German.

german is easy as 1 2 3, isn’t it? :D

for me dutch is one of the most difficult languages besides chinese and japanese hehe…. smoerebrot.. ik been en sweijzer, right? dutch has a strong accent

German, or langauges is general, are waaaay too difficult (except for English, cause I’m doing a bilangual education ;) ). I always fail with those prepositions in German :(

‘been’ means ‘leg’, btw. I think you ment ‘ben’, which is a form of ‘to be’ in Dutch. I don’t get what you were trying to say with ‘smoerebrot’ or ‘sweijzer’ ;)

2201 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
ArikB says

I go to ORS Lek en Linge, in Culemborg :) I’m currently in the last year of N&T with Computer science in my profile, Economics and Maths D in my ‘free space’. It’s going pretty smoothly, except for German. I guess I’ll have to compensate that failure with Maths and Physics ;)

Maths rules! :o

Oh right, you kids have D. Back in my day it was all WisB12. I went to the Vossius Gymnasium in Amsterdam.

2715 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Switzerland
+3 more
DanielKeller says

German, or langauges is general, are waaaay too difficult (except for English, cause I’m doing a bilangual education ;) ). I always fail with those prepositions in German :(

‘been’ means ‘leg’, btw. I think you ment ‘ben’, which is a form of ‘to be’ in Dutch. I don’t get what you were trying to say with ‘smoerebrot’ or ‘sweijzer’ ;)

I thought smoerebrot means something in dutch, I also have no idea :D

but with sweijzer I ment swiss guy :P

2201 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
ArikB says

I thought smoerebrot means something in dutch, I also have no idea :D

but with sweijzer I ment swiss guy :P

Swiss guy = Zwitser

2715 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Switzerland