236 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
GradaStudio says

Hey guys, after coding several themes over the years, i kind of want to stick to one common practice to organize all my themes. Here is my most important question.

Suppose we have a slider ( or social links or contact form ) in every theme. There are two approaches possible.

1. Have all the files of Slider module in one folder like so mytheme/lib/slider —> slider.php

mytheme/lib/slider/core —> class.slider.php

mytheme/lib/slider/js/—> slider.js and other js files

mytheme/lib/slider/css/—> slider.css or other style files ( less sass etc)

2. Have common folder for js and css files etc of all modules of themes like so mytheme/classes/ —> class.slider.php

mytheme/js/—> slider.js and other js files

mytheme/css/—> slider.css or other style files ( less sass etc)

Which approach you guys suggest ??

185 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
ikaruna says

My approach is something like this Approach (still, I’m new to this , but I’m looking to ease out my work within the future). Ex: you always use a portfolio, I have like a generic portfolio so I could say new GenericPortfolio, or a portfolio with multiple images would extend GenericPortfolio ….and so on.

You know what would be great :), to build a framework so powerful that allows you to build themes on the fly, than build a desktop-touchscreen app that allows you to build it visually by dragging items – Minority Report style :) – you would have a theme ready within hours.

cheers! jayc

236 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
GradaStudio says

thanks for reply, Nice approach SakuraPixel.

Looking forward for more expert comments.

by
by
by
by
by
by