• Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
+2 more
purethemes says

So try to upload WordPress theme which doesn’t pass http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/theme-check/ Each theme need to pass this test before being accepted by reviewer. Also – free files on TF in most cases are some older templates which don’t sell well – so here’s your answer. Unless you have them from different source (you don’t have buyers badge, and you claim to check WP themes, while in last 5-6 month I believe was just once WP theme as free file and it was from theMOLITOR – and he’s doing amazing job here).

187 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Romania
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
CleanScript says

So try to upload WordPress theme which doesn’t pass http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/theme-check/ Each theme need to pass this test before being accepted by reviewer. Also – free files on TF in most cases are some older templates which don’t sell well – so here’s your answer. Unless you have them from different source (you don’t have buyers badge, and you claim to check WP themes, while in last 5-6 month I believe was just once WP theme as free file and it was from theMOLITOR – and he’s doing amazing job here).

Best most valid answer on this thread! Thank you!

I did not buy any themes yes and I was referring to the html free files. I did test though some themes that a friend bought and came here to complain. Nice point and observation with the piracy idea. It proves you where really paying attention, I thought nobody was going to see that angle. nice!

Again, thanks for the answer dude!

10 posts
BroMontana says

Laughing Man - your "friend's" theme? Your friend's name must be warez

187 posts
  • Romania
  • Exclusive Author
CleanScript says

Laughing Man - your "friend's" theme? Your friend's name must be warez

Ok, I rectify, BroMontana’s was the best answer! LOOL

169 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
mikedidthis says

This is my last comment on this post.

‘Don’t know’ means he is unsure. Doru, never once stated that bad code was ok on TF. If you, CiprianTurcu, think this is what he mean’t, then sadly you read it wrong, and for the third time I have clarified it for you.

Secondly, CiprianTurcu, you seem intent on making these posts that are open for us to reply, then are very bashful / forceful in your replies. You did it previously on your reviewers post.

I don’t now what your agenda is here. I hoped it was a genuine discussion about how we could improve out items on TF, but it seems to have turned into something else.

You haven’t once suggested how to improve, or an example of what is, in your eyes, bad code and how it can be improved.

People are asking for your portfolio, as due to the lack of any items, we need to understand why you feel you can criticise when all your work isn’t on public display.

114 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • South Africa
WebDesignFudge says

‘Don’t know’ means he is unsure. Doru, never once stated that bad code was ok on TF. If you, CiprianTurcu, think this is what he mean’t, then sadly you read it wrong, and for the third time I have clarified it for you.

Secondly, CiprianTurcu, you seem intent on making these posts that are open for us to reply, then are very bashful / forceful in your replies. You did it previously on your reviewers post.

I don’t now what your agenda is here. I hoped it was a genuine discussion about how we could improve out items on TF, but it seems to have turned into something else.

You haven’t once suggested how to improve, or an example of what is, in your eyes, bad code and how it can be improved.

People are asking for your portfolio, as due to the lack of any items, we need to understand why you feel you can criticise when all your work isn’t on public display.

+1

187 posts
  • Romania
  • Exclusive Author
CleanScript says

So if this is your last post that means that I get to have the last word!

YESS !

But of course, that means nothing. It does not make me right. I got my answer and it was the best answer of this thread, by @purethemes. Again and for the last time, I want you to read this carefully and try to understand : my portfolio only helps me on my credibility and has nothing to do with the point I’m trying to make. It’s like I say: the child told me that the thief ran Noth. But it’s only a child, no credibility, should not trust him/her. That does not make the child wrong.

Thanks for the replies everybody, interesting debate, I learned a lot from this.

Over and out.

4140 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
tsafi says

I obviously don’t know the coding standards theme forest

A true coder don’t need coding standards, he invent standard. :P

You can’t expect a reviewer to wonder in hundreds line of codes ,from what is see on all majored code market AD/CC/TF reviewer work with lots of common sense .

315 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
SyamilMJ says

He benchmarked TF’s code quality based on some free files, and also some free themes downloaded from his ‘friend’. That’s all we need to know.

by
by
by
by
by
by