1012 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
purethemes says

Complete list of tags required for submitting a theme to WordPress directory can be found at http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/about/
I knew it was somewhere close! thanks ;)
56 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Europe
libra-online says

well, pissing off a whole community in one thread is really an achievement :D there should be a badge for that.

it was a fun read :)

no-thumbnail
WordPress_Coding_Standards Recent Posts Threads Started
7 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
WordPress_Coding_Standards says
well, pissing off a whole community in one thread is really an achievement there should be a badge for that. it was a fun read

Yes it is an achievement. It’s an achievement that you will ultimately benefit from because raising the standards of this market place has to be done to keep this marketplace going.

The remarks and attitude toward CiprianTurcu are really showing why there are so many problems with the themes here. Most of the successful authors already follow these standards. Hopefully the requirements will weed out the developers who only care how quickly they can churn out the same crap over and over again just to make a quick buck. Users think all the themes on here are great because they look so pretty in the demos but when they get them home and try to make them actually work they get frustrated and take it out on WordPress not realizing they paid for something that doesn’t actually work or were mislead by the marketing and features and options stuffing going on here.

I help users everyday on wordpress.org with your themes and they paid you. Why because I actually care about WordPress and making users happy.

Thank you CiprianTurcu for your efforts in improving quality. It seems like these standards are finally getting enforced.

6 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
element94 says

Hi guys. Can someone please clarify if these Warnings are taken into serious consideration when submitting a theme to TF ? I have about 5-6 tags i get a warning for. Thanks.

366 posts WordPress Guy
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+5 more
Japh Envato team says

Hi guys. Can someone please clarify if these Warnings are taken into serious consideration when submitting a theme to TF ? I have about 5-6 tags i get a warning for. Thanks.

Hello, we recently announced WordPress Theme Submission Requirements. You can see the announcement post in the forums, which should clarify things for you..

by
by
by
by
by
by