1034 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United Kingdom
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
BenSheppard says

So if a template only sells about 100 times for about 14$ for example that would be 1400$ – in this case an extended license for a slider for about 70$ is just fine

still think getting paid $70 for someone to earn $1400 out of it is a tad unfair, seeing as they will arguably never stop selling their items

303 posts Codestar
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
+2 more
Codestar says

Hi,

If you purchased a extended license, you can include CC items on TF. Generally TF authors purchasing Sliders from CC. and yes 1 Extended License for 1 Theme.

631 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
UBLThemes says

So if a template only sells about 100 times for about 14$ for example that would be 1400$ – in this case an extended license for a slider for about 70$ is just fine
still think getting paid $70 for someone to earn $1400 out of it is a tad unfair, seeing as they will arguably never stop selling their items

For starters it’s not 1400 dollars because its 50 – 70 of that.

Plus the money earned is not because of a slider it’s because of the whole theme.

The slider is just a fraction of a Wordpress theme so saying people getting 1400 dollars for only paying 70 dollars is a little unfair because a theme does not sell well because its got a Linder it’s because it’s a good theme and took weeks to create. That is why they get 1400.

As a HTML and Wordpress developer. Saying we should not earn money because we paid for a slider is a little wrong. There are a lot of free sliders out there which a good sliders, does that mean we should not earn 1400 because we use them?

10 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
appelton says

For some of the CC items with extended license I have paid around 150$ . I think it is a fair price considering the license is for only one theme, and I will have to buy extended licenses again and again for new ones.

439 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
Pixelous says

I thougth that even with that kind of license you cant included any cc files in a tf file….

lol

238 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
dmsumon says

Hi, If you purchased a extended license, you can include CC items on TF. Generally TF authors purchasing Sliders from CC. and yes 1 Extended License for 1 Theme.

“1 Extended License for 1 Theme” Does it mean that if any theme gets 100 sells then I have to buy the extended license 100 times? Please clear me. I have another question … and it is “How shall the Themeforest authority verify if a author has bought a extended license or not, Suppose a themeforest author can buy a CC item using another account, right? So does it mean that you have to buy a CC item using the same account which you use to sell items on TF? “

894 posts
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
infuse01 says

Hi, If you purchased a extended license, you can include CC items on TF. Generally TF authors purchasing Sliders from CC. and yes 1 Extended License for 1 Theme.
“1 Extended License for 1 Theme” Does it mean that if any theme gets 100 selss then i have to buy the extended license 100 times? Please clear me.

No, that would be 1 extended license per 1 sale.

It simply means that if you plan to release a template with xy slider you need to buy 1 extended license for this particular template.

by
by
by
by
by
by