80 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
Headlane says
Hello! The problem is that my new track is similar to the Coldplay’s “Clocks”, about it the reviewer wrote:
“Please note that we do not review items for copyright or intellectual property issues, and this is your responsibility as you have confirmed during the upload process. However, we have some concerns that your item may have some fundamental intellectual property-related issues with it. Specifically: the track is too similar to Coldplay’s “Clocks”, so we are unable to accept it in its current form.”

I thank him for this comparison 8-) , as “Clocks” won the Grammy Award – Record Of The Year (2004). Due to the fact that I badly know English this problem for me, to write the support team. The track is rejected completely. So, with my new track everything is over at Envato marketplace? Coldplay again won? 8-)

Thank you for your attention.

47 posts
  • Located in United States
ClassicBeauty says

Make some changes to one or two key parts that are the most reminiscent of “Clocks.” The law is somewhat vague as to what constitutes plagiarism, so the mods have to err on the side of caution.

We need to try to not be too in love with our own creative ideas – I just altered a track I was really fond of (it’s not up yet) because a trusted friend with a lot of sales here pointed out that, essentially, art and utility don’t always make the best bedfellows here in the jungle, and I needed to make it more accessible.

80 posts
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
Headlane says

Thanks, ClassicBeauty!

147 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
JasonGraham says

It is amazing how many songs you hear these days that were at least influenced by “Clocks.” Great song though, I wish I had written it!

Speaking of which, how much effort do you think artists and their agents and record labels put into actively investigating stock music sites for copyright infringement? It’s a fine line we royalty free musicians walk between providing music that customers want (because it sounds like something popular) and not creating a song that’s too closely related to a popular song.

80 posts
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
Headlane says

Thank you, Jason!

47 posts
  • Located in United States
ClassicBeauty says

...how much effort do you think artists and their agents and record labels put into actively investigating stock music sites for copyright infringement? It’s a fine line we royalty free musicians walk between providing music that customers want (because it sounds like something popular) and not creating a song that’s too closely related to a popular song.

I doubt there is any blanket listening to songs on sites like Audiojungle. There are just way too many songs! I suspect they investigate if they catch wind of a questionable tune, especially if it’s selling well somewhere. YouTube would be a different story, since it’s so easy to track songs by name there, and some artists and publishers are quite sticky about that. But if your item is borderline, it’s very unlikely you’ll ever be contacted. But again, the mods have to be quite careful, as Audiojungle has a lot more at stake than you and I would with a particular song.

by
by
by
by
by
by