1. To someone new to this business, what words of advice can you offer?
2. Where do you see Envato going in the future?
3. When can we expect you to review your members for potential new employees?
4. To someone new in this business, where is a good starting point to learn? - When I reference “this business”, I speak of in general web design / development. - Being who you are, your opinion can influence. I’d love to know your suggestions.
5. What is your proudest thing about Envato as a whole?
6. Do you visit all your websites every day? Is there one specific you visit the most?
7. Where do you find all the time to do what it is you’re doing for this community?
8. Kind of goes along with #3 – As a author / contributor / member / etc. – Do we (I reference us all) stand a chance at employment with Envato? Will you ever consider taking on more employees? I’d love to see where the future is going for Envato and how we could be involved more in both its growth and success.
I’m sure I’ll come up with more
OK so this genuinely interests me as a fan.
- Do you see envato expanding a whole lot more or is it time – in your opinion/vision – to stop branching out (temporarily) and secure the market segments you are currently a player on?
- As far as I know, the Chiefs aren’t formally trained in finance or business (think MBA ), do you feel sometimes issues come up which could be dealt with more easily if you did have someone with a formal background in finance and/or business? If you do have these people on board, disregard the question.
- It’s not a secret that sometimes the marketplaces have had growth pains, this is normal for any venture, is there something in particular that you could advice others who deal with growth issues or more specifically the scaling of software?
- Amazon’s motto is to focus on the customer and not the competition, MS motto was to have a windows computer in every home, FB wants to connect everyone, Google’s motto is “don’t be evil”, what’s Envato’s motto?
- Can you hint at what might be coming later this year or next year? Note to other members: As a reviewer I don’t know anything, so this isn’t a sneaky question or anything, genuinely interested here.
- Did you get a lot of negative response when you told people initially what you wanted to do? How did you deal with that?
username/password of your online bank account ?
Collis has a Formspring page with tons of questions like this:
What’s the point of that and this thread anyway? On Formspring I asked if the payment rates are about to change again after some time, but no answer followed. I’d be satisfied even with a simple “No, we don’t plan on that, they are high enough”.
But it would be a bad branding probably, so stick with asking comfortable questions.
As an author… when you will upload a new file on Activeden?
I would like to hear some statistics about the marketplaces like:
1. how much money do you earn in a month.
2. How much money do you spend for advertisement.
3. How many visitors you have each day/month/year