• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
DDStudios says

Okay now, seriously. If a user doesn’t know when to use the “last” attribute (on the last column of a row of columns), he/she/it (:P) seriously needs to go back to school, or in the worst scenario study harder if he/she still is in school. it’s simple maths, all you have to do is write 5 characters more (or click a different button 100pixels away from the original one in our case). I highly doubt that making such a script and spending hours on it would consistently increase your sales.

So, resuming, stick with the last attribute and be happy. You’d be wasting your time doing that.

2952 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
DDStudios says

sorry double post

3007 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+2 more
duotive says

DD…many users do not know that you do not need to upload the whole downloaded zip to the server…. so… the attribute is the LAST of my worries :)))

60 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Potshot says

@DD Well, your end goal shouldn’t always be about drastically increasing your sales. It should be about the total package. Everything should be perfect to the point when the user doesn’t even really have to think anymore. Personally I can easily see a buyer being annoyed at always having to think “Okay I have 5 columns, so one half plus one sixth, carry the 3, ect.., wait no I did that wrong, ah, I put the last on the 1 third column, awesome.” It’s not that they CAN ’T do it, it’s that it’s a nuisance to do it, and shouldn’t it be our jobs to remove nuisances for the buyer?

Anyways, it someone figures out this script and posts it here, they may have spent a little while on it, but it will benefit every single Wordpress author in the future which makes it kind of worth it.

1383 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Serbia
wpCanyonThemes says

@DDStudios – You’re an awesome designer/developer but you’re a crappy businessman :)

• Don’t make assumptions on how smart your customers are.
  • Don’t make them adjust to your product, your product should adjust to them
  • Don’t make them think if they don’t have too
  • Customers made you what you are, do everything to make it easier for them
812 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Serbia
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
rvision_ says

I don’t know what’s all this fuss about…

Why don’t you use something like 960.gs? There is no need for ‘last’ class for the last column.

31 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
JollyGoodThemes says

Everyone going on about using php, javascript etc is over complicating it. It’s very simple to avoid using a last class on your columns with just css. Have a look here http://pixelpiys.com/temp/columns.html

2952 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
DDStudios says

@all

Well I know that basically the more features you’ve got the better. This is why I develop frameworks to my themes and always to have something new in every single release.

My point is not that this would be useless, it’s just that that there are a TON of other things to focus on rather than messing with something that currently is working just fine.

How would I be a sucky businessman? I mean, if you wanna overspend your time be my guest. I think this would make you the sucky businessman. It’s just not worth the time IMO . There are much more important things to focus on.

And besides all that, it doesn’t matter how perfect your script is. You can NEVER be sure of what the user is gonna stick in there (specially with the wordpress editor always sticking br and p tags all over your stuff). Forcing them to use the last attribute is just a guarantee that the columns are gonna work the way they really are supposed to.

Everyone going on about using php, javascript etc is over complicating it. It’s very simple to avoid using a last class on your columns with just css. Have a look here http://pixelpiys.com/temp/columns.html

Do all browsers required by themeforest support it?

31 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
JollyGoodThemes says

Yes, it will even work on IE6 . There’s no weird css hackery going on all you do is give equal left and right margins to your columns and then make the width of the container slightly larger to accommodate them.

60 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Potshot says

Yes, it will even work on IE6 . There’s no weird css hackery going on all you do is give equal left and right margins to your columns and then make the width of the container slightly larger to accommodate them.

But then it won’t line up correctly with the rest of your content…

by
by
by
by
by
by