3402 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
bobocel says

Flash everywhere indeed. Check out the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rp7UNCWbyc&feature=youtu.be

4140 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

Impressive memory around 4.75.

But once again for the iPhone those dev `still don’t say nothing about playing in the browser

1550 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
dSKY says

I don’t like all that Adobe evangelism thing. The guy clearly is on adobe payroll. The game works , but who knows how the code looks like. And I bet they were making that game for a long time until they made it well optimized.
Although the future looks bright for flash , especially in a couple of years, when hardware won’t be so limited…..

3402 posts
+6 more
bobocel says

I guess the good part of all this is that Adobe is finally back on adding new stuff to Flash.

2309 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+5 more
theflyingtinman says

I don’t like all that Adobe evangelism thing. The guy clearly is on adobe payroll. The game works , but who knows how the code looks like. And I bet they were making that game for a long time until they made it well optimized.

Well it’s not like they were trying to hide the fact: He is sitting in an office with the Adobe logo in view on the door/window, and the Youtube account is “FlashPlatform”, with links to Adobe and other Adobe evangelist videos.

But yeah, this is clearly over the top evangelism compared to the nice, low-key promotions that Apple produces, with no “evangelism” or tweaking of demos whatsoever :D

4247 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+5 more
Aw_Shucks says

But yeah, this is clearly over the top evangelism compared to the nice, low-key promotions that Apple produces, with no “evangelism” or tweaking of demos whatsoever :D

Careful tinman, some readers might not understand sarcasm and might take you seriously. Haha

2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
wovencharlie says

Although the future looks bright for flash , especially in a couple of years, when hardware won’t be so limited…..

I’ll let you know if I ever make it onto Adobe’s payroll. I’ve never received a dime from them thus far, would be nice though. Hint hint, if anyone at Adobe is listening. I run a small agency and I just so happen to be on some pre-releases, one of which was the AIR 2 .6 which I found took my original demo from a very low frame rate to a nice 40fps.

I had about 2 or 3 weeks to put that demo together using a very old game prototype I created a few years ago. The initial prototype took about 10 – 20 hours. The time I had over the 3 weeks was maybe another 30 hours (I do work full time on paying client work). That included more programming for the game, touch controls, art, testing on multiple devices etc.

Out of the box, just dusting off my original prototype I was at 40 fps. The “extra” time was spent actually making it a real game with real art.

Don’t assume we’re all big media people trying to fool you. You know what happens when you assume.

3402 posts
+6 more
bobocel says

I’ll let you know if I ever make it onto Adobe’s payroll. I’ve never received a dime from them thus far, would be nice though. Hint hint, if anyone at Adobe is listening. I run a small agency and I just so happen to be on some pre-releases, one of which was the AIR 2 .6 which I found took my original demo from a very low frame rate to a nice 40fps.

I had about 2 or 3 weeks to put that demo together using a very old game prototype I created a few years ago. The initial prototype took about 10 – 20 hours. The time I had over the 3 weeks was maybe another 30 hours (I do work full time on paying client work). That included more programming for the game, touch controls, art, testing on multiple devices etc.

Out of the box, just dusting off my original prototype I was at 40 fps. The “extra” time was spent actually making it a real game with real art.

Don’t assume we’re all big media people trying to fool you. You know what happens when you assume.

Nice to have you around answering to conspiracies! :-) Great work on the game!

I personally don’t care who or how they did the game, as long as it’s Flash and we see it working as it does, on all those devices. And it’s a nice game too! :)

I’m imagining nobody (except if you’re a well funded company) would spend money and time to put a game on all these platforms, if it were to code it in the native languages.

What’s more then that, is that there are a very few people capable of doing this outside of Flash. I’ve looked a bit over OpenGL ES, in Objective-C, and I was lost. :o

Hopefully, at least for GAMES , we’ll be able to use Flash properly in the coming years, on all devices. Especially with all this 3D craziness that’s being worked on!

4247 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+5 more
Aw_Shucks says

Very optimistic, Bobocel. It helps to reawaken what spark I had for such ideas.

And,

I was impressed with that game, wovencharlie. I’d like to see it turn into something worth happening. :)

186 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
scottrockers says

It really is so good to see Flash running on all those devices so well. Thanks for the video and the few words wovencharllie.

by
by
by
by
by
by