• Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
+6 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

“All” section of the front page needs to be removed, default should be “After Effect Project Files”, everything else is fine IMO . Maybe devs can think about adding Popular Files section for the stock footage to compensate :)

All very well, unless you’re a stock footage producer, I guess.

Stock footage costs real money to produce and sells for a fraction of what an After Effects project does. For a high production-value clip, it takes the organisation of a number of people and more time than you’d think too. Perhaps the price ceiling is the actual limit on quality.

2323 posts Small, but tough
  • Elite Author
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+4 more
EFEKT_Studio says

“All” section of the front page needs to be removed, default should be “After Effect Project Files”, everything else is fine IMO . Maybe devs can think about adding Popular Files section for the stock footage to compensate :)

All very well, unless you’re a stock footage producer, I guess.

Stock footage costs real money to produce and sells for a fraction of what an After Effects project does. For a high-production value clip, it takes the organisation of a number of people and more time than you’d think too. Perhaps the price ceiling is the actual limit on quality.

You are 100% right; in case the footage is not light bulb from 6 different angles and similar stuff. I found one author that sell stock footages useful (he’s also selling on photodune and you can tell that’s his main job). The other day I saw a guy registred two similar names and he’s selling absolutely same piece of footage under two names, taking valuable two places on front page. In my opinion, after effects projects are highly monitored, quality standard is now pretty decent, on the other hand you can find footage of every possible kind. I can take my iPhone and record an apple in my home and I’m pretty sure it would be go through review system. Difference of quality standards between AE and stock footage are sky high.

536 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Serbia
Farley_Design says

^ True

7139 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+1 more
doru says

My opinion? The frontpage is not as important as people think.

yes it is.

I had a decline in sales since I didn’t upload nothing new recently.

90 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
comeero says

You are 100% right; in case the footage is not light bulb from 6 different angles and similar stuff. I found one author that sell stock footages useful (he’s also selling on photodune and you can tell that’s his main job). The other day I saw a guy registred two similar names and he’s selling absolutely same piece of footage under two names, taking valuable two places on front page. In my opinion, after effects projects are highly monitored, quality standard is now pretty decent, on the other hand you can find footage of every possible kind. I can take my iPhone and record an apple in my home and I’m pretty sure it would be go through review system. Difference of quality standards between AE and stock footage are sky high.

+1

5015 posts
  • Community Superstar
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Beta Tester
+6 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

yes it is.

I haven’t had a chance to create or upload anything for 9 months and haven’t seen any decline in sales. Quite the opposite, in fact.

DsignProductions
DsignProductions Recent Posts Threads Started
408 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Belgium
DsignProductions says

yes it is.

There is a difference between the frontpage and uploading a new project.

1541 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Russian Federation
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
AndrVlad says

... I can take my iPhone and record an apple in my home and I’m pretty sure it would be go through review system. Difference of quality standards between AE and stock footage are sky high.

Try to do stock footage as you wrote to understand that you are litle bit wrong. There are different specific in review and quality criterias for footage vs. project but I would not say it is as easy or that footage quality are low. For instance some of my footage takes many hours to shot, processing, etc. not to counting fortune to have needed weather or lighting conditions, or right people to act in front of camera, etc. And it is priced $4-6 at the end. Yes there are cool projects but besides technical complicity and huge rendering time as I see very offen they are very much not original. Main marketing approach for some project authors as I see is to have preview fotos of pretty girls and other not included assets. So if anyone ask about similar footage why don’t you ask about similar projects repeating on the front page and attract customers attention. :-)

Anyway I think there are more collaboration opportunities between footage authors and project autors rather than just competition or complains. A lot to learn and much to improve to anyone.

Best Regards and Happy Sales, Andrey

by
by
by
by
by
by