Singularity_Designs Recent Posts Threads Started
63 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
Singularity_Designs says

I recently made a topic on a previous coming soon page that I have put together, however due to the changes I have made thus far I felt it easier to start a new thread.

Before anyone mentions it I have used the Mavericks desktop wallpaper as a header image, this is just a place holder until I can find something better and of course I will not include this is the finished product.

Demo (silver): http://www.kungfucode.net/projects/ios/silver/

Demo (brown): http://www.kungfucode.net/projects/ios/light-brown/

Demo (grey): http://www.kungfucode.net/projects/ios/dark-grey/

It isn’t quite finished as you can probably see, the about box hasn’t been finished and the contact us form isn’t quite functional and I have a few design bits to complete. Mainly colours and a few bits to do with the Google maps element.

2180 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Argentina
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
manuelvega says

Anyway overall looks quite plain , i like the coming soon text but the site need to have more life. maybe a slideshow , the clock design can be improoved, social icons too. The map section its cool you can conserve that.

Singularity_Designs
63 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
Singularity_Designs says

Thanks for the feedback manuelvega, I did think a single image looked a bit too plain so I will look into adding a slider.

In terms of changing the countdown design and social icons what did you have in mind? I suppose some of the colours could be improved, especially on the silver design as I think the dark grey with the white looks a little too harsh.

3666 posts
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Forum Superstar
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
charlie4282 says

First off a massive improvement from before.

First change shrink the background image. Make sure it is optimised for web as 4MB take a long time to load.

I like the H1 but the text below it doe snot necessarily stand out enough. I don’t necessarily mean make it bigger as much as make it more “designed” if that make sense.

Spacing on the counter on an iphone is much better but I would still increase the padding around the counters and social icons and consider increasing the font size of “hours”, “minutes” etc to make it slightly more inline with the numbers

again its a personal thing but I would centralize the sign up box within the map and make the entry box and button on one line. The big second button looks empty. Same goes for the submit button on the contact form.

Maybe put a Twitter feed in somewhere.

On the about section loose the kid icon.

As I said its an improvement but I am not still not convinced it looks as refined as some of the others for sale on here. The luminous colours are probably a big factor in this.

I know that’s a lot of suggestions and it is with all due respect not meant as a bashing!

Singularity_Designs
63 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
Singularity_Designs says

Thank you for the feedback charlie4282. Quite a lot of the issues you mentioned should be relatively easy to fix such as image size, padding and the kid icon which is only a temporary placeholder so again it shouldn’t be too much of a problem to fix.

I will have a play around again with the fonts especially on the counter elements.

My main reasoning for the luminous colours was to have something a little different, although I have noticed from different screens, i.e. IPS displays and TN displays the colours can look very different.

I was also thinking of adding a slider as mentioned earlier in the thread because at the moment the header does look rather static.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Singularity_Designs
63 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
Singularity_Designs says

I have gone ahead and made quite a few changes as stated above. There are still a few more things to do, i.e. remove the dodgy profile image but I haven’t had time to look for a placeholder as of yet.

The slider has been implemented but not 100% configured and I still have the contact form to set up, which shouldn’t take long but I have just been focusing more on improving the design rather than the functionality.

The demo links are the same as they are above.

by
by
by
by
by
by