1278 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
Pricop says

I was excited at first, about the tab itself, but after taking another look on the screen-shot I just saw that you guys are going to put pre-defined support – I don’t think that’s a good idea. I’ve always offered support to 100% of my customers with pretty much anything, from installation on their host, to small css modifications or script adjustments, but imposing a minimum level of support it’s just not right.

I totally subscribe to jonathan01 thoughts:

You said you wanted to do this to build up confidence in what ‘support’ generally means on the marketplace – unfortunately however, there is no general level for support as it is not required – therefore no level is created to express in a message – hence it’s purely an author / item specific thing only and should be left that way in all honesty.

If you chose to impose the minimum support level then the price items on CodeCanyon should higher up considerable (CC is already left behind in terms of price, for example I release my script with pretty good designs and responsive as well at a really low price, even the buyers ask me why are they so cheap, lol?!), as a lot of authors already complain about the small prices vs. the services they offer.

I loved the freedom of offering (or not) Support the way I liked it, not sure anymore – the sad part was that I rushed to send the survey without watching the 2nd image, I thought it will be a tab, where I can tell which kind of support I offer for each item (different items have different needs).

I hope that’s not the way you guys decide to go – or if you do, then hopefully the prices on marketplaces will increase considerable and a whole new marketplaces terms comes into play.

All the best!

1237 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
dotnpix says

Awesome stuff! Thanks for that… :)

741 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
Dream-Theme says

Are we there yet? I see the “Item support settings” tab in my account settings, but there’s still no “Support” tab in items

28 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
ClientEngage says

Yes, I’d also be intrigued to see the final specifications. Especially in terms of the wording as well as the amount of space we have to define our individual terms.

509 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in Australia
+1 more
justinfrench Envato team says

We’ve absorbed all the feedback and we’re going through a second design round before we ship. More details and screenshots ASAP!

3102 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
dtbaker Moderator says

/dance

769 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
LCweb says

(Why I’ve missed this thread? :D )

This would be a great step ahead! Educate customers to the support policy in a clear and common way is a great solution.

I don’t have read all the replies sounds very promising to me as described in the first post.

509 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in Australia
+1 more
justinfrench Envato team says

Hi folks, thanks for your thoughts and feedback, much appreciated. Sorry for the delay, here’s a quick update on some changes we’ve made to the item support settings screen:

It’s your definition, not ours
We reflected on your feedback and our original goals of clarifying what’s already happening (rather than changing it), which means we’re removing our definition of support from both the settings screen and the support tab we’ll be adding to each item. We’ve used our original definition as default text to set the tone, but you can keep it, customize it, or replace it with your own :)

More space to write, and a little HTML.
We’re giving you more space to write your definition/policy. I think the limit is now 2000 characters. We’ve also added a limited number of allowed HTML.

This is all we’re going to allow for the launch of the Support tab, so please do the best you can :) We’ll definitely revisit this and call for examples where more tags would help you. In the meantime, the limited tags mean less constraints as we design the Support tab and shift things around.

Next steps
These changes have both been deployed. Please update your settings and text as soon as possible, we’re keen to launch the customer-facing Support tab early next week, but wanted to give you a chance to update your text first!

Here’s a screenshot of the updated settings screen:

We’ll follow-up with a screenshot of the customer-facing Support tab (where this information is displayed) soon, we’re pretty close!

One major request that we haven’t tackled is allowing more than one preferred support channel at a time (e.g. email and an external URL). For now, please indicate your primary/preferred channel, and used the text area for any additional information.

7604 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

One major request that we haven’t tackled is allowing more than one preferred support channel at a time (e.g. email and an external URL).

to the default mail, external forum, contact profile and rest support options, social websites can be added, like twitter and facebook.

these media links are already present around the profile but it would be great to be added to the support tab also.

Instead of patching, what I would had done is to rewrite the marketplace interface from scratch to simplify and cut on redundant information.

Not an easy task and probably would cost a big investment but it need to be done. Even if there is no main competitor that have all different types of items that envato marketplace has, when you check those that compete on certain areas you see the they are way more advanced in presenting their products.

I would not link to them here but if we talk about after effects and video stock, videohive lacks basic pop up video preview, feature that other websites have for a long time. Searching photos on photodune is very hard. Similar websites offers a dynamic search that updates depending on what tags are selected. They can even spell check tags and recognize if a tag have multiple meanings.

If envato plans to close the marketplaces in one or two years then I can understand just patching the current design but if the purpose is to have a top marketplace for the next ten years then this investment must be done.

microlancer has an interesting design. not sure if it can be replicated here but is interesting that (maybe) for the first time envato created a marketplace that is not integrated with the exiting marketplaces look.

2030 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+9 more
revaxarts says

^+1

by
by
by
by