• Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Community Moderator
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+4 more
sevenspark Volunteer moderator says

When I click the Save button, I get a 405 not allowed from nginx, and the save doesn’t process

Did I miss something?

468 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Envato Developer
  • Australia
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
justinfrench Dev says

to the default mail, external forum, contact profile and rest support options, social websites can be added, like twitter and facebook.

Great suggestions. For Twitter, just provide a username (which we could default to the one on your profile). For Facebook, would it be a URL or a username (I don’t Facebook much :P)?

Instead of patching, what I would had done is to rewrite the marketplace interface from scratch

We probably will end up doing exactly this, but it will happen incrementally towards a target, and the starting place is addressing major pain points. Providing clarity and consistency for authors and buyers around item support is one of those pain points to address. Another is presenting video without a flash player. If we bundled either of those into a major redesign, it’d take much much longer to see the benefits. So we’re getting there incrementally — one change at a time.

468 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Envato Developer
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
justinfrench Dev says

When I click the Save button, I get a 405 not allowed from nginx, and the save doesn’t process Did I miss something?

Sounds like we did :) Looking into it!

199 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Australia
footagecentral says

GREAT NEW FEATURE!!!!!!!

2949 posts
  • Australia
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+10 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

Looks good! Can’t wait for it to go live and see how everyone uses this feature. I’m sure it will change over time as more feedback is presented. Excellent start!

Curious what happens if someone doesn’t enter anything into the “additional information” box. Or if someone just clicks “Save” on the settings page without changing the default text. Or what displays if someone never even visits the settings page to change the defaults.

Default Text Suggestion
Maybe try to re-work the default text area a bit so that it has a better default that can just be “saved” (current default text would make no sense if displayed as-is to a buyer).

eg:

468 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Envato Developer
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
justinfrench Dev says

Curious what happens if someone doesn’t enter anything into the “additional information” box. Or if someone just clicks “Save” on the settings page without changing the default text. Or what displays if someone never even visits the settings page to change the defaults.

I’ve been wondering about this too. Support is “off” by default, so if you never visit, we never explicitly say you offer hands-on support, and the public tab just has some generic information. If you actively support your stuff and leave the default text, it will be a bit weird, yes.

Tempted to wait and see if this is an actual problem, or a hypothetical one :)

468 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Envato Developer
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
justinfrench Dev says

When I click the Save button, I get a 405 not allowed from nginx, and the save doesn’t process

I tried to repeat this and can’t — still an issue sevenspark?

3418 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Community Moderator
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+4 more
sevenspark Volunteer moderator says

Hey Justin,

Just did some more tests and I found that the issue was the amount of text I was adding. If I add a sentence it saves fine. When I add everything I want I still get the 405.

So I assume there is a limit, but instead of getting an alert to this effect nginx just gets cranky :)

Hope that’s helpful!

Chris

5310 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+5 more
CodingJack says

Somewhat related, it would be really fantastic if we could have a canned message displayed right above the item comment form. Mine would say:

“If you want to share a link to your site, please don’t post it here. Instead, send it to me from the form on my profile page (link here)”.

1730 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
+5 more
SamBerson says

Hey there! It’s been a while since you first announced this feature. When are we going to see these new features in action? Very excited about it.

by
by
by
by
by
by