As promised, here’s an update on the Item Support tab we’ll be launching to customers shortly, which has been reworked based on feedback and a steady flow of coffee. Please also see my recent update where we discussed updates to the settings screen, including allowing you to define support in your own words, giving you more room to write, and basic HTML.
Here’s the changes we’ve made to the Item Support tab since the initial post and first screenshot:
- Improved the “intro” text to be a bit more general to all items, introduce the basic concepts, and be a bit softer in tone
- Removed our definition of support — the green box contains a quick summary of how you want to provide support (external URL, etc) and the text that you provide us
- For WordPress themes, we’ve added in a new section above the FAQs titled “Common WordPress installation Issues” which tackles the very common “Missing stylesheet” error on installation. If this works well, we can tackle other common questions for other kinds of items too.
- Improved the “outro” text with a link to Envato support, softer in tone, etc.
We’re still tidying up a few loose ends, but this should ship in the next 24 hours. For those with feedback that we haven’t addressed yet, please feel free to chime in — we intend to revisit this and keep iterating after it launches.
This is looking great! Can’t wait for it to launch!
- United States
- Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
- Author was Featured
- Author has had an Item Featured
- Has been a member for 5-6 years
- Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
- Referred between 500 and 999 users
- Author had a Free File of the Month
Really looking forward to this, great work guys!
Great update , thanks envato team …