84 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
Coffee-Themes says

We need the current comments system we have converted into some kind of forum type system, including all the comments made so far converted into forum threads, and all that being searchable and sortable in any possible way, thats what we need.
You’re asking for a bit much there, don’t you think? How would you go about organizing every single comment posted so far on every single item into forum threads?

I don’t think he is asking for much, but is not necessary. What is now happening is turn FAQ into Support tab. Right now You can’t write in FAQ “How to get support”? Thing that would change anything for authors would be adding new tab that works just like comments right now but only purchasers can write in there and authors can moderate.

40 posts I don't talk much.
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
+8 more
kubasto says

If an author provides support via contact form, it would be nice to have such contact form inside the green info box on the support page.
Anyway, I’m very glad you’ve started to make some improvements in that area, thanks.

53 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Located in Venezuela
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
ReyMarval says

I like that :bigsmile:

121 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+1 more
Rameau says

That’s great, IMO. Just one thing:
For the support through email, let buyers know that they must attach their purchased file to the message they are sending.

1600 posts Chris Robinson
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
contempoinc says

If the option for an outside URL for support is activated are item comments disabled?

107 posts
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+5 more
Webthemer says

Great now i can explain my customers how they can get support for my items.

106 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
pjtops says

Another idea is linking this in with the new microlancer site. If a buyer wants some customizations done on a purchased item, then the best person to do that is usually the person who built it in the first place, and if they offer microlancer services, adding a link to the microlancer service page makes it easier for everyone.

6029 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

Another idea is linking this in with the new microlancer site. If a buyer wants some customizations done on a purchased item, then the best person to do that is usually the person who built it in the first place, and if they offer microlancer services, adding a link to the microlancer service page makes it easier for everyone.

This is probably the ultimate goal behind these improvements :P Many GraphicRiver authors will obviously link to thier microlancer service through this officially encouraged support tab. So that there would be 1000s of links connecting items and Microlancer services. This is good but on the way of doing this, a new word “support” introduced to all other marketplaces more than TF and CC where the “support cancer” is within safe limit as of today – things may change in the future. I guess only around 30% of buyers would go for paid customization service and remaining will try to complete their jobs through free item support – no ones expectation.

So if we look closer, actually nothing improved on item support area except displaying variety of support channels for authors to pick and combining this with FAQ. Everything exists just like before but the difference is the word “Support” going to be emphasized on every marketplace item that has FAQ. Rant completed.

118 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
aitor72 says

Really aweasome!

Thank you so much!

106 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
pjtops says

This is probably the ultimate goal behind these improvements :P Many GraphicRiver authors will obviously link to thier microlancer service through this officially encouraged support tab. So that there would be 1000s of links connecting items and Microlancer services. This is good but on the way of doing this, a new word “support” introduced to all other marketplaces more than TF and CC where the “support cancer” is within safe limit as of today – things may change in the future. I guess only around 30% of buyers would go for paid customization service and remaining will try to complete their jobs through free item support – no ones expectation.

For TF & CC, this may hopefully help reduce the “support cancer”, as a buyer is less likely to be feel cheated or make unreasonable demands if the type of support offered is made very clear from the beginning. And by putting a price and service tag on item customizations and installation, I think it makes it more clear to TF & CC buyers that they are buying a product, and not the authors time. If they need the authors time (and many do), there is now a marketplace they can turn to for those services.

by
by
by
by
by
by