973 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
aaranmcguire says

I think it would be nice to have a API for the support request, Authors could make a lot of use out of that.

I am unsure what other authors support sites are like, but as soon as I thought of a support system I thought, that would be nice for an API so the user keeps on a site that they trust and know and authors can still get information, but I was thinking it would be nice for Envato to pass information like licence key, licence type, and maybe with a disclaimer there email this was authors can sort by purchased user and if they have a extended licence and stuff like that.

Plus if it was based on API, you could possibly (depending on numbers) say `Average Response :4 Hours`, If I was a customer that would make me trust the author more and I would be more inclined to purchase.

5973 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

For TF & CC, this may hopefully help reduce the “support cancer”, as a buyer is less likely to be feel cheated or make unreasonable demands if the type of support offered is made very clear from the beginning.

Definitely this has positive impacts on TF and CC. But for GR and VH, support tab is unnecessary risk since the item comment is already serving well and almost there is no expectation of support on there (until we ourself screw buyers to expect for that). So changing the FAQ tab into “Support” is misleading on those particular marketplaces.

4264 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+14 more
Enabled Volunteer moderator says

Can’t wait to see this implemented guys! A more than awesome feature! :)

106 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
pjtops says

So changing the FAQ tab into “Support” is misleading on those particular marketplaces.

True. maybe for sites like GR it could be named “customizations” or something similar

507 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in Australia
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
justinfrench Envato team says

the meaning of “support” may completely translated into “free item customization” (talking about other marketplaces than TF & CC)

We explicitly state that customisation is not included in support, I don’t see how naming the tab “Support” on GR items that happen to have FAQs would open the doors to more customisation work. If anything, it should lead to less, because this is the first time we’ve explicitly proposed/defined what support is.

I’m listening, but so far not understanding, your complaint :)

507 posts
  • Located in Australia
+1 more

Please allow more text in that extra field. I cannot write even half of what i want, because it’s so so small…

What’s an example of the text you want to include? Why so much? Can we cover the issues you’re trying to address with extra support preferences or fields or general improvements to the Support tab in a way that that benefits all items and provides more consistency for buyers?

507 posts
  • Located in Australia
+1 more

That tab’s an ideal place to write ‘MAKE SURE YOU UNZIP THE FILE FIRST’

:)

We were thinking we could add a default FAQ to all new WP themes and plugins that covers this out of the box.

If every WP author needs to write this in their message, then this is something we should probably address in the Support tab somehow by default.

507 posts
  • Located in Australia
+1 more

If the URLs are going to change (eg: from /faq/ to /support/) please ensure the old faq URLs are redirected as I link to a few of these from item comments and support forum posts (or not adjust the URL for individual FAQ entries, just the overall listing).

Yep :)

507 posts
  • Located in Australia
+1 more

Btw, why FAQ tab gets replaced with Support tab instead of getting a new tab?

If you need help/support, the FAQs should be part of getting help. If they’re separate tabs, the buyer has to choose where to start. If they’re in the same place, we remove the choice and increase the chance they spot an FAQ that helps them.

507 posts
  • Located in Australia
+1 more

Can we get option to select multiple options inn support tab.
For example (Email + Supported through item comments)

I thought multiple channels would drive authors crazy. How important is this to you?

by
by
by
by
by
by