• Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
+15 more
scottwills Staff says

Hey guys,

I’m very excited to announce that we are going to be trialling a fantastic new audio vehicle on AudioJungle very soon called TRAX .

WHAT IS TRAX ?

TRAX is a brand new, entirely separate category/vehicle on AudioJungle that will let authors sell and distribute their music via a Personal License. The Personal License on AudioJungle will allow customers to purchase TRAX music for listening/enjoyment purposes only.

TRAX music is NOT royalty-free and cannot be used in projects.

YOU MENTIONED IT WAS A TRIAL ?

That’s right. We’ve had a lot of feedback from customers saying that they wish they could purchase music from AudioJungle just to listen to privately at home, in the car, or on their mp3 player etc… If AudioJungle authors would like an extra opportunity to sell this kind of music to an instant audience of 750,000+ marketplace members, we’d love you to try it out and give us feedback along the way.

We will be releasing TRAX with very limited functionality to begin with, but depending on its success we have the opportunity to grow the concept as big as need be. Perhaps we will allow authors to sell entire albums and add artwork, maybe we’ll add individual charts per genre – maybe we’ll even consider a separate site/marketplace altogether one day?! :D But again, it all depends on the response from customers and authors.

HOW MUCH WILL TRAX SONGS COST ?

Each TRAX file will cost $2. We will review this price at a later date to find out how optimal this price point is for both customers and authors. We’d love to hear your feedback. Would you prefer the price to be a $1? Maybe you would prefer to set your own price? Either way, we decided on $2 to begin with so that it would be profitable for both Exclusive and Non-Exclusive authors while still remaining affordable to customers.

WHY SHOULD I DISTRIBUTE MY MUSIC VIA AUDIOJUNGLE ?

Lots of reasons! Here are some of the main benefits:

• Our Envato marketplace network has over 750,000+ members giving you and your music incredible visibility.
  • Real-time stats! Unlike many other services where you have to wait until the end of each month or sometimes each quarter to find out how your sales are doing, with AudioJungle TRAX , if you make a sale, you find out straight away!
  • Unlike many other services where you can only get access to your profits every quarter, you can transfer your profits from AudioJungle on the 15th of every month. Full details here.
  • If you are an Exclusive AudioJungle author, our current $2 price point will provide you with 50% – 70% of each track sold, so that’s a minimum of $1 per track sold.
  • Free access to Envato Analytics to track how many times your music is being listened to and where people are being referred from to come to your item pages.
  • You can embed our AudioJungle Music Player on your own Web site or blog and direct customers back to your item page to make a purchase.
  • Making extra sales via TRAX will not only help market yourself and increase your exposure, it will also help increase your way through our rates schedule (if you are an Exclusive author).

COOL , I’M IN! WHEN CAN I START UPLOADING TO TRAX ?

We’re looking to launch TRAX towards the end of June 2011 so you have a little while to wait. We wanted to use this opportunity to give you a heads-up about the service before we officially launch. There will be a separate section and separate upload form solely for TRAX music. We’ll post further updates as we get closer to launch.

HOW DO I PREPARE MY FILES ?

Good question! Although you won’t be able to upload and sell your TRAX music until we officially launch, you can meanwhile prepare your files so that when we do launch, your music will be some of the first music available for customers to purchase. Here’s how TRAX submissions will differ from our normal music queues:

• Previews:128kbps MP3 format ONLY , watermarking is NOT required, preview can only be 60 seconds long (any part of track).
  • Main File:Single MP3 file (not zipped) with a bit rate of 320kbps and a sample rate of 16-Bit Stereo, 44.1kHz. It must contain the following ID3 information as a minimum: Track Name, Artist Name.

WHAT KIND OF GENRES WILL BE AVAILABLE ?

We will be offering a limited number of sub-categories/genres to begin with:

• Ambient
  • Classical
  • Electronic
    • Dance & House
    • Drum & Bass
    • Dubstep
    • Electronica
    • Trance
  • Folk
  • Hip-Hop
  • Jazz
  • Pop
  • R&B & Soul
  • Rock

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Q. Can I submit any of my existing AudioJungle music to the new TRAX category?
A. Unfortunately, no. Anything submitted to TRAX has to be non-royalty free music. This will help minimize customers purchasing the wrong license for your music.

Q. Will customers still be able to download previews from the audio player?
A. No, we will be disabling the ability to download the 60 second previews.

Q. Can I sell music on TRAX that I also sell elsewhere?
A. If you are non-exclusive, yes. If you are an Exclusive author, no. The only way around this if you are an Exclusive author is to create a separate, non-exclusive account. Authors are permitted to simultaneously open/run an Exclusive and non-exclusive account.

Q. Isn’t this going to confuse customers about AudioJungle’s core business?
A. We certainly hope not! We want to stress that this is merely a trial to test the water before investing completely in this new project/opportunity. While there will be a separate section for TRAX music, we will still be primarily focused on royalty-free music. TRAX music will be posted to the new TRAX category on AudioJungle and will not be mixed into the new items posted on the home page. We will also be clearly displaying on all TRAX items that those items are NOT royalty-free and are for listening/enjoyment purposes only. Only the new Personal License will be available to TRAX items. Long term, one can possibly see this evolving into an entirely separate site/marketplace for TRAX content, but we have some way to go before we make that decision and cross that bridge. :)

More FAQs will be added here if any questions arise or if any further clarification is required.

FEEDBACK

Excited about TRAX ? Do you think you will be interested in selling music via TRAX when we launch? Perhaps you have some questions or ideas we can use in the future to really make TRAX work? Please post them in this thread, we’d love to hear from you! :)

61 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
ryanalvarado says

Interesting. I’m Curious to see where AudioJungle takes this. I imagine this will be good for artists who aren’t interested in producing an entire album. “TRAX” can only bring more traffic to AudioJungle, so I am pleased with this announcement.

142 posts Just Believe!
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
Melodality says

Wow, This sounds really great!

Seems like I’ll have a place to showcase/sell my vocal tracks which I didn’t want to sell royalty-free.
Good Good Good.

I’m just wondering, will there be a separate section on our profile/portfolio page indicating that some are TRAX and some are just Audiojungle royalty-free tracks? for instance, If an author has 22 Themeforest Items, 14 Graphicriver Items, 12 Audiojungle Items and 5 TRAX Items? or it will just be mixed with the old Audiojungle tracks in the Portfolio?

Anyways, This is a very good idea, I hope that it will grow to become a whole new platform for Audiojungle, Envato and us, composers.

Cheers,
Michael

285 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
DarkSunz says

OMG ! This sounds fantastic! Many of my family and friends complained how paying so much for music they will just listen to was unreasonable, and I know as a act that this is a solution. This is a fantastic solution for those who are more interested in selling singles rather than completely project based music. Thanks for the heads up Scott! And ofc, as usual, fantastic job Envato Team!

248 posts God always geometrizes
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
kristijanf says

This is finally it :)

332 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
Ane_Novak says

Hi, Scott. Songs will be accepted only in English?

2581 posts
  • Community Ambassador
  • Community Manager
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • United States
+15 more
scottwills Staff says

Hi, Scott. Songs will be accepted only in English?

While we have that rule for royalty-free music, I don’t think that needs to apply to TRAX submissions. My wife loves songs sung in French for example. I’ll ask around the office and find out if there’s a consensus but I would think that foreign language songs would be okay. I’ll update the FAQ section once I find out. Good question, thanks for asking! :)

693 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
+3 more
OhmLab says

Woohoo!! This is one I’ve been waiting for! :)

This could be a game changer for a lot of folks.

20 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
sdproductions says

Sounds just amazing! Really looking forward to this – I know I would really like to jam out to some of the music on AJ – and now I can! I also love the prices, very reasonable :)

327 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+2 more
palmtreep says

Yes! Thank you Scott! I think I’ll bring over some of my other Trance stuff that has yet to be released and try this thing out :) I know some of you wanted to hear more Trance stuff from me, and this is a perfect way to release it through here. Thanks in advance for any updates on this, I’m 100% in on this one! :)

by
by
by
by
by
by