2716 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
scottwills Envato team says

I’m sorry if this was already explained before, but I thought I should ask. Are we allowed to upload (to TRAX ) music that we already have released on “proper” labels in the past, but for which the contracts have expired (ie. those labels don’t have the exclusive rights anymore)?
Of course, I ask for the exclusive account (I wouldn’t want to make a separate account for these tracks).
Urbazon, i’m not from the team, but as i have asked exactly the same question to Scott the other day, i would say yes. You just need to have something to proof this, in case a label is contacting Envato and saying they are not allowed to sell your track. In my case, some of these tracks are still beiing sold by labels on iTunes and Beatport, i allready contacted them, but the tracks are still online :(

What he said. :)

331 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
palmtreep says

Hey Scott, just a quick question.

This has probably been asked already somewhere in here, but are the songs for TRAX going to be kept in the same lot as the other AJ tracks? For example, my R-F tracks in the same list as the TRAX ones? I’m assuming if this thing gets into a proper sister site or something you’ll have a different section for them (ala VideoHive and AudioJungle).

Just don’t want any confusion with people that they are mixed for the time being :P

2716 posts
+16 more

Hey Scott, just a quick question.

This has probably been asked already somewhere in here, but are the songs for TRAX going to be kept in the same lot as the other AJ tracks? For example, my R-F tracks in the same list as the TRAX ones? I’m assuming if this thing gets into a proper sister site or something you’ll have a different section for them (ala VideoHive and AudioJungle).

Just don’t want any confusion with people that they are mixed for the time being :P

Hey Derek,

1) Short term, yes, they will be mixed together. Long term, we’ll accommodate them differently – see this suggestion on this page as a possible oslution. Super long term, hopefully a separate site, yes. :-)

2) Note that we add the following image to the top of all TRAX descriptions to further inform customers of what they are actually purchasing:

2716 posts
+16 more

TRAX is now LIVE by the way. Read the announcement here.

Locking this thread, we can move the conversation over to the new thread. Thank you so much for all the questions and feedback so far! Your conversation, thoughts and input will be invaluable to us as we shape the future of TRAX . :)

by
by
by
by
by
by