1589 posts Chris Robinson
    Has referred 500+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
contempoinc says

Just a little detail, but personally I would prefer a normal font-weight over the bold one in the .page-info header. It feels a little too fat and unnecessary compared to the rest of the site (unless that was the point).

Agreed, the bold font is hideous.

2263 posts Bird is the word..
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
jonathan01 says

So… what’s going on with the portfolio’s? What is active items vs public portfolio, and when are things going to get fixed? Now it’s weekend in Australia so I guess we’ll see zero action for a few days now also.

Is no one held accountable for these things? I’ve worked at companies where if you did something like this you wouldn’t go home until it’s fixed, and that’s not because of management telling you, it’s that the people maintaining and creating the stuff care enough about their users to make sure things are back to normal asap.

Jonathan

1415 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
+3 more
WebSmacker says

So… what’s going on with the portfolio’s? What is active items vs public portfolio, and when are things going to get fixed? Now it’s weekend in Australia so I guess we’ll see zero action for a few days now also.

Is no one held accountable for these things? I’ve worked at companies where if you did something like this you wouldn’t go home until it’s fixed, and that’s not because of management telling you, it’s that the people maintaining and creating the stuff care enough about their users to make sure things are back to normal asap.

Jonathan

I agree 100% here. If it were me responsible I wouldn’t leave until I had a fix in place. This is not something I would expect from a multi-million dollar company!!! Flagged for staff reply too…

707 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
LCweb says

It’s nice to see that my portfoio order is totally random and on top of everything now I have my worst item. Thanx Envato :D

Joking apart: is a really huge problem devs. Portfolio is the basis of our life here on the marketplace. Also if currently is Saturday in Australia, I hope it will be fixed in the next hours..

AdamLangstonAdao
AdamLangstonAdao Recent Posts Threads Started
132 posts
    Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Located in United Kingdom Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
AdamLangstonAdao says

Hi it would be great if an artists user name wasn’t jumbled up into one long word.This looks unprofessional Adam Langston Adao or. Phill Larson looks better than AdamLangstonAdao.also what is the difference between public profile and active items ,surely this is confusing to buyers .please don’t change the site to much it is the best music library on earth as it is .

5 posts
    Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in Finland
arthustiak says

It’s not that the buyers will stop buying, it’s that the distribution of sales will change. Main reason why it’s harder for new users to sell is short exposure time and the large library to browse with a poor search. So generally buyers find what they’re looking for on popular pages. There’s a reason why some files make millions and some average sales, and it’s not all about how good the file is, it’s about how the mechanics of the site works. A major change to the home page, or increasing exposure to new files, can and will have a knock on effect to old files, and thus disturb the current sales distribution… and this is why I think Envato won’t redesign the site, ever. Everything is done in very small increments. But unfortunately the site is expanding much faster than the system allows for it, so we get a very disproportionate profit margins. Bottomline is if buyers can’t see your stuff, no one is going to buy it – so for new users going forward in the future it will only become exponentially harder to sell items until Envato puts on it’s big boy pants and redesigns the entire site to allow for rapid expansion and keep content relevant and fresh – but in the meantime they seem too pre occupied with how the tabs look.

This is exactly what I’m thinking too. The system really is made for the best sellers to shine, when newbies try their best to get sales, but with no luck. Just grave the search and use Google’s internal search and we’re all happy! :grin:

332 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+2 more
GFXTemplate says

It’s not that the buyers will stop buying, it’s that the distribution of sales will change. Main reason why it’s harder for new users to sell is short exposure time and the large library to browse with a poor search. So generally buyers find what they’re looking for on popular pages. There’s a reason why some files make millions and some average sales, and it’s not all about how good the file is, it’s about how the mechanics of the site works. A major change to the home page, or increasing exposure to new files, can and will have a knock on effect to old files, and thus disturb the current sales distribution… and this is why I think Envato won’t redesign the site, ever. Everything is done in very small increments. But unfortunately the site is expanding much faster than the system allows for it, so we get a very disproportionate profit margins. Bottomline is if buyers can’t see your stuff, no one is going to buy it – so for new users going forward in the future it will only become exponentially harder to sell items until Envato puts on it’s big boy pants and redesigns the entire site to allow for rapid expansion and keep content relevant and fresh – but in the meantime they seem too pre occupied with how the tabs look.
This is exactly what I’m thinking too. The system really is made for the best sellers to shine, when newbies try their best to get sales, but with no luck. Just grave the search and use Google’s internal search and we’re all happy! :grin:

+1

1036 posts
    Has referred 1000+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
survivor says

So the portfolio is still messed up. It has really slowed my sales on my last approved item and I believe that one of the reason is because of it didn’t shows as new item for buyers in my portfolio :/

33 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in United States
KangarooSpirit says

I’ve noticed changes with the Envato network these past few months. I welcome these changes with open arms. I really love how everything is more centralized than it was before.

85 posts
    Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Won a Most Wanted contest Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
tips4design says

When will the new update be ready? :)

by
by
by
by
by
by