abhimanyusharma003 Recent Posts Threads Started
678 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1+ members
+1 more
abhimanyusharma003 says

I like the old design, if they are changing the design they must hire some talented guy from ThemeForest or GraphicRiver

5492 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Australia says

Its time for COMMAND + Z

Guys rather than roll out changes and irritate the crap out of everyone incrementally, my suggestion roll back to previous working version.

Set up dev site for 50 authors at random to check out, a mirrored version of a marketplace. Make your changes on that and release all changes in one dollop of goodness.

1465 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
  • Located in United States
+3 more
WebSmacker says

^ best idea yet! These small incremental non needed changes are getting annoying and ticking everyone off…

343 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+2 more
GFXTemplate says

Its time for COMMAND + Z

Guys rather than roll out changes and irritate the crap out of everyone incrementally, my suggestion roll back to previous working version.

Set up dev site for 50 authors at random to check out, a mirrored version of a marketplace. Make your changes on that and release all changes in one dollop of goodness.

+1

343 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+2 more
GFXTemplate says

i do not know how many beta testers applied to the call for testing before (i see several people with the same badge that i have)... they could simply ask us to test the update before they implement it… it would be easier and painless for members and customers on all marketplaces

236 posts Marketplace Developer
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in New Zealand
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
madlep Envato team says

Hi everyone, I’ve just released a fix to the portfolio sorting issue, so please let me know if the problem persists.

When going to another page (2, 3, ...), sorting is always reverted to date published. Please fix this.

(example, sorting by sales, shows the first page correctly, then going to the second page shows the second page of date-published-sorting)

A fix will be deployed for this shortly.

There was a bug introduced that broke main search sorting in the fix for broken portfolio searches.

Apologies for the initial bug, and the bug introduced by the fix for the bug. Not cool. This isn’t the way we should be pushing code out :(

• Located in New Zealand
madlep Envato team says

Hi everyone, I’ve just released a fix to the portfolio sorting issue, so please let me know if the problem persists.

When going to another page (2, 3, ...), sorting is always reverted to date published. Please fix this.

(example, sorting by sales, shows the first page correctly, then going to the second page shows the second page of date-published-sorting)
A fix will be deployed for this shortly.

And… fix is deployed. Sorry again about the bugs around sorting.

We rushed out a change on Friday afternoon that was half baked, then rushed out a fix over the weekend that introduced more problems. Amateur hour round here. Not the way we want to operate :mad:

1465 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
  • Located in United States
+3 more
WebSmacker says

Thanks madlep. Australia’s suggestion would definately eliminate these problems on production.

• Located in New Zealand
madlep Envato team says

Thanks madlep. Australia’s suggestion would definately eliminate these problems on production.

I’ll politely disagree :)

Best way to reduce risk in software development is to push lots of tiny changes out as quick as you can. Small changes are easy to reason about and get right. We make a few thousand small deploys a year. Most of the time it all just works, and no one notices (except when we want them to). 99% of the time this works great. (see “10 Deploys a Day – A Case Study of Continuous Delivery at Envato” for more detail on how we ship code).

Occasionally though, we slip up, and people see bugs. In this case, we had some new code which didn’t have sufficient automated test coverage. If we’d rushed less, we would have written better tests, and we would have spotted the bugs prior to shipping the updated code. Also, shipping changes on a Friday afternoon is dumb. Our usual approach is to make a change, test, deploy, verify, then fix if there is a problem. We skipped the “verify” and “fix” steps :(

Putting changes in a pre-production environment for verification prior to launch sounds good in theory – but it introduces a delay in shipping changes, slows down your velocity, and ultimately makes it harder and more risky to make changes to the site.

What we prefer instead is deploying everything, but maybe using a feature toggle for larger changes that are still in progress. Then if we need to, we can get feedback by switching the feature on for beta testers. In this case though, it was considered too small a change to need that.

by
by
by
by
by
by