962 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
webdesigndeluxe says

Hey everyone, I just wanted to share my ideas with everyone here on the marketplaces. Do you think it would be a good idea to add a comment section on Creattica? I think that would be a great idea because you are able to hear other voices hear on Envato. I want to leave some comments on other designs but am not able to. I though adding a comment section to each page would be a great idea. And even when you’re uploading a new design, have a checkbox saying “Comments turned on” or something. Anyone feel the same way?

2324 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+6 more
CreativeMilk says

i agree

3135 posts
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Daniel_R says

Cool idea Alex….

962 posts
+5 more
webdesigndeluxe says

Thanks guys!

4336 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+14 more
Enabled Moderator says

Agreed! :) + 500

2710 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
scottwills Envato team says

I actually kinda like that there’s no commenting on Creattica, it makes a refreshing change. Having hundreds of people’s comments that sway back and forth (“This is great!” followed by “This sucks!”) is extra, unnecessary noise to me. After all, good design is largely about taking away everything that is not needed, so it seems perfect that Creattica, as a design inspiration site, practices what it preaches. ;)

I’m fond of the way Creattica employs a clean and effective compromise to commenting by showing the # of times a design has been favorited: A great way to indicate what is popular and well received, and it is more easily digested than 300 varying comments.

4336 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+14 more
Enabled Moderator says
I actually kinda like that there’s no commenting on Creattica, it makes a refreshing change. Having hundreds of people’s comments that sway back and forth (“This is great!” followed by “This sucks!”) is extra, unnecessary noise to me. After all, good design is largely about taking away everything that is not needed, so it seems perfect that Creattica, as a design inspiration site, practices what it preaches. ;) I’m fond of the way Creattica employs a clean and effective compromise to commenting by showing the # of times a design has been favorited: A great way to indicate what is popular and well received, and it is more easily digested than 300 varying comments.

Yes, indeed, you do have a point Scott, but isn’t that the whole point of finding out if your design is actually good or bad? I mean the ” This is great! ” followed by ” This sucks! ” ? This is what actually makes people perfect themselves, I`m not saying that Creattica has bad stuff on it, on the contrary, they have some of the best things I’ve seen, but a discussion thread would be useful no matter what the circumstances are.

Maybe some rules regarding the This sucks, This rocks things. ” Please do not post if you don`t have nothing justified to say ( i.e.”This rocks, this sucks” ) ” .No ?

191 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
KeithDee says
I actually kinda like that there’s no commenting on Creattica, it makes a refreshing change. Having hundreds of people’s comments that sway back and forth (“This is great!” followed by “This sucks!”) is extra, unnecessary noise to me. After all, good design is largely about taking away everything that is not needed, so it seems perfect that Creattica, as a design inspiration site, practices what it preaches. ;) I’m fond of the way Creattica employs a clean and effective compromise to commenting by showing the # of times a design has been favorited: A great way to indicate what is popular and well received, and it is more easily digested than 300 varying comments.

But if you had a checkbox, you wouldn’t have to have comments on, but you’d have a choice :)

962 posts
+5 more
webdesigndeluxe says
But if you had a checkbox, you wouldn’t have to have comments on, but you’d have a choice :)

Exactly! :)

951 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
+3 more
Daan says

But when you think “it rocks”, you can just ”+” it.. It’s not there without a reason. Then having the comments only for the “it sucks” comments, seems a little unuseful to me.

I agree with Scott.

by
by
by
by
by
by