• Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Italy
realthing says

Dear Friends.

I see here your point but I want to tell you that except the usual suspects that they are always there trying to have as much exposure as possible, exist also people that they love to be part of the community and they don’t have to wait to see the super cool file to make a comment. Me personally I make comments if something is good looking and not necessarily breathtaking. I make comments also to people that I like and I follow for long time , and also to people that they are new and they want to find there place in this community. Its a polite way to show to the author that you watching him… it gives courage to authors that spend hours and hours in front of there computer. It feels like you are not alone. Personally and since I am not a big time author, I find a little bit arrogant the authors that they never comment simple files, but just the very very cool ones.

I am expecting to see Big names from here commenting to new authors and not ignore them.

Actually this is what make a big author BIG .

Sorry for the English.

4792 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
+5 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

I find a little bit arrogant the authors that they never comment simple files

I suspect it’s not a question of arrogance, but one of time. There’s a lot of stuff in the world to watch, not enough hours in the day and there are a lot of new files all the time on the Hive.

Find it arrogant if you like, but I don’t usually have time for lunch, let alone time to sit and peruse every new file that gets uploaded and leave a nice comment.

There’s nothing wrong with leaving a simple comment, but I think it’s an interesting point that Smudge makes.

337 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
realthing says

I find a little bit arrogant the authors that they never comment simple files

I suspect it’s not a question of arrogance, but one of time. There’s a lot of stuff in the world to watch, not enough hours in the day and there are a lot of new files all the time on the Hive.

Find it arrogant if you like, but I don’t usually have time for lunch, let alone time to sit and peruse every new file that gets uploaded and leave a nice comment.

There’s nothing wrong with leaving a simple comment, but I think it’s an interesting point that Smudge makes.

Yes… its true.

On the other side I see a lot of Authors how much they appreciate when they have a positive comment from a successful author. And yes I know that time is something that we all miss…. I didn’t say to make commenting a full time job. I am talking for those that they spend sometime here. Also me I am not always here… I have a day job…and a really demanding one. Sorry for the word arrogance… maybe wasn’t so successful, but I think you people understand what is my point.

90 present of the comments comes from authors not from buyers, so…. its not about feedback. I am sure that a lot of authors become friends from commenting each other.

79 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Mazuza says

I don’t like when someone posts comment like you tell guys ( only – good job, nice work, nice one, and other…) It will be better to me if my template subjects to criticism. I like when Hivers gives me an advices for my work improvement.

337 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
realthing says

Me too I like feedback…. but not in the items comments… I think this belongs to another place, like Felt said in the item discussion .

10 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
GrandTerr says

I wrote about it. I hate these comments. WRITE A COMMENT IF YOU REALLY LIKE THE SELECTED ITEM .

280 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
johnnybd says

Commenting could be seen as the equivalent of applauding at the end of a Performance arts show. That’s what its there for, to show sort of a gratitude . A “bravo” for someone’s work right before he goes off the stage (in our case; Marketplace Front page) or perhaps to ask him questions regarding his work (“Hey, how did you pull that rabbit from your hat?” , “Is your rabbit CS4 compatible?”)

There’s a way to give constructive criticism, if you feel like you must. Doing it in public in front of others will always be the least favorable way and contains a destructive nature. If people want to post comments on my items to get more exposure they are more than welcome. When items of mine have low sales, those 1,3 or 5 “Great” / “Cool” comments is what keeps me going. Sometimes I’m just too weak and need a tap on the back to move on, can’t really afford doubting the motives behind those “taps”

@felt We don’t have to be competitors y’know ? We all bring something different to the table and we’re much better when we work together, Referrals are a living proof. But then again, I see some people really want constructive feedback and critique on their item comments page, so perhaps there should be a feature just like YouTube has which enables comments?

95 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • United Kingdom
jaytgirl says

still fail to understand why the many buyers here do not leave comments compared to authors.

surely its a polite way of doing things, but can only guess many buyers do not care once they have purchased the product.

1487 posts AEdorde.com - After Effects Projects
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Beta Tester
+4 more
dorde says

Did anybody noticed same comment from same member today:
“You’ve done a great job on this footage.”?
It’s really annoying.

459 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Russian Federation
+1 more
white-shade says

Did anybody noticed same comment from same member today:
“You’ve done a great job on this footage.”?
It’s really annoying.

I think I know who you mean http://goo.gl/WyTwD

by
by
by
by
by
by